Wedding Mess in Michigan

Options
Hello all ---- My name is Krysten - and I suffer from late night binge eating alongside my 135 lbs of skin and bone hubby. Its soooooooo hard to not sit and eat a bag of doritos with him nightly.

I was approx. 145 lbs. when I got pregnant with m son 10 years ago - during the pregnancy I gained 110 lbs (bedrest and steroids) It took me 8 years to finally care enough to lose the weight --- got down to 162 and SUPRISE --- I was pregnant --- Soooo back up to 212 -- In now sitting at 170 and need to lose at LEAST 25 lbs before August 1st.

Replies

• PELLEGK1
    PELLEGK1 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello all ---- My name is Krysten - and I suffer from late night binge eating alongside my 135 lbs of skin and bone hubby. Its soooooooo hard to not sit and eat a bag of doritos with him nightly.

I was approx. 145 lbs. when I got pregnant with m son 10 years ago - during the pregnancy I gained 110 lbs (bedrest and steroids) It took me 8 years to finally care enough to lose the weight --- got down to 162 and SUPRISE --- I was pregnant --- Soooo back up to 212 -- In now sitting at 170 and need to lose at LEAST 25 lbs before August 1st.
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Welcome Krysten! This site makes weight loss so much easier.

Tell that hubby he needs to be more supportive and not binge on chips in front of you. It'll eventually catch up to him too. My skinny brother could polish off a half pan of lasagna before bed and never gain a pound when he was in his twenties, Things change as you age.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I took a peek at your profile since I see you're in Michigan too....not too far, I am in Westland (originally from Dearborn).

I joined about this time last year for my best friends wedding last October ( I was maid of honour) and I lost 20 pounds in time for her Oct 4 wedding and I felt great in my dress, it was even a little big! So I know you can do it and you'll look great in yours too!

Have you picked out the dress yet?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • PELLEGK1
    PELLEGK1 Posts: 19
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for all the support everyone!

Dress is already picked out --- I tend to refer to it as the sausage squisher --- Champagne colored - strapless --- Everything someone with back fat and Muffin Top ever dreamed of --- :grumble:

Frost - He's closely approaching 40 and is still the same size as High School ---- Makes me ill......He eats a twinky and *I* gain 5 lbs