What fruits do you like with chicken?

Options
I *love* chicken with fruit/natural sweet flavours. What's your favourite fruit to cook with chicken?

Replies

• LemonDiva
    Options
    mango...cooked or cold in a salad and apricot chicken...
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Apples, diced with cinamon and stevia!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and green grapes.
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    lime or lemon depending on my mood.
    orange is great if I want something sweet.
    raspberry or pomegranite. Really, almost any fruit, I love chicken with most flavors... although, I don't think I would like it with banana or melon.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Raisins and curry :)
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Grilled pears with figs and almonds.
  • orchidsand
    Options
    I love grilled carambola (star fruit). I live in South Florida so they are easy to come by. Plain they are a bit tart, but slice them put them on the grill and they are wonderful with chicken, fish or even by themselves.
  • orchidsand
    Options
    lime or lemon depending on my mood.
    orange is great if I want something sweet.
    raspberry or pomegranite. Really, almost any fruit, I love chicken with most flavors... although, I don't think I would like it with banana or melon.

If you have access to green bananas, you can boil them in the skin until they split open (about 30 min) then use them like you would potatoes...any way you would use potato you can use boiled green bananas...mashed, salad, chunked in stews.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    lemon, orange & tangerine!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Orange is good!

I like to mix pears in with it if it's cold.
  • j3nn14er
    Options
    cooked with peaches--delicious
  • beckys19
    beckys19 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love to make chicken apple stir fry. Just cooking spray, chicken, semi tart apples, and cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, (or just use an apple pie/pumpkin pie spice blend) with a dash of ginger. I stumbled upon this when I was in college, I love stir frys and one day I was looking at bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and thinking they were pretty expensive for something with virtually no nutritional value. So I got apples and tried that since tghey were cheap and could give me a little crunch like the water chestnuts, lol!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian now, but when I used to eat meat, I would sometimes put pineapple with chicken--especially in stir-fries.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    pineapple or apple. My husband made some once with orange, I need to get that recipe from him :-)
  • HisBeloved65
    Options
    pineapple!