Belly Fat

I am new to MFP and looking for people that know how to lose belly fat. I am tired of gasping for air when I bend over to tie my shoes!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I'm sorry to tell you but there is no way to target belly fat. you need to lose body fat in general, which will include the belly. good luck!
  • I'm with you! Hate my belly... Everyday!!! Need help!
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    You can add me :)
    I have thing legs, a small butt and a large belly :( Almost all my extra weight is in my belly and boobs :(
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Good news?
    You've come to the right place.
    Bad News?
    There is no easy, quick solution.
    Getting healthy and fit is actually very simple but it's just hard work.
    This is how MFP works
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/3-how-does-myfitnesspal-work

And Tips for Newbies
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470367-tips-for-newbies

Just get started by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

You have many people here ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges.
    You can do this.

All Is Possible!
  • Me big boobs, belly.. Want this to be gone!!!! Need motivation!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Ya, theres no way to spot reduce. The only thing you can do is work the muscles underneath the fat so when the fat does go, you will have some tone. The only way to lose fat is with exercise, and your body will decide where it takes the fat from. It sucks, but that's the way it is. For me, my body loses from all other areas before it tackles my tummy, I've accepted this because it cannot be changed. Good luck on your journey!
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    it's frustrating I know...each time I lose weight it always comes straight off my legs.. fantastic legs all be it short... unfortunately they come attached to my telly tubby top, were I carry ALL my weight on my back and tummy.. which is so annoying... but keep up with the logging and be persistant and it will come off when it is ready.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    at this early stage of the game, its about two things: cardio and eating at a calorie deficit.

if you can't run, hit the bike or elliptical machine. please don't do more then an hour a day for cardio.

start looking at your eating habits and see where you can improve. i believe that you should eat your exercise calories. i always did, and my weight loss was nice and steady.

you can start doing some light calesthenics too, for strength training. push ups, jumping jacks, body weight squats and lunges.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Belly fat seems to be the hardest area to get rid of. I never thought at my age (50's) that I would lose mine. I don't have a flat belly, but mine is not the worst either. Here is what I found: You have to strengthen those abdominal muscles through exercise and tighten your ab muscles during workouts AND non-workouts. When I sit at my desk all day I try hard to keep good posture and hold in my ab muscles. I find when I start to slouch, over a period of time, my muscles become flabby feeling again. The straighter you sit the more you naturally pull in your ab muscles.Keep good posture while standing or walking.
  • Jzslim
    Jzslim Posts: 35 Member
    I got about 50 lbs of belly fat to go.I have been adding cardio and diet plan. Since jan 2nd I have lost 15 lbs and believe tracking calories has helped me stay on track.Don,t know measurements but I am getting smaller and feeling alot better.i will send a friend request.