Anyone have MedGem metabolic testing done by an RD?

Options
I bought a Groupon for a consultation with a registered dietician. Part of the testing is a MedGem metabolic analysis. I have to avoid eating and exercising 4 hours before the consult.

Has anyone had this done and were you surprised by the results? Did the results help you and how?

BTW, according to the RD when I called to schedule the visit, a lot of insurance policies will pay for this analysis, with no co-pay if anyone is interested.

My BodyMedia LInk armband consistently states I burn upwards of 3200kcal/day and I'm only eating 1800. I feel very hungry all day and miserable. I think it'll be interesting to see what the RD's test shows.

Replies

• thaicorp
    thaicorp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I saw this posting and was wondering how your medgem test went and how it compared with BodyMedia Link Mebabolic readings. I was hoping to setup an appointment with the local clinic to get the metabolic test done but not sure of the accuracy. I hit a plateau for the last 3 weeks and the numbers are not moving, so I figure I need to know my metabolic info for me to see the drop in lbs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks.