polar ft4 problem

Options
I've had my hrm for at least 6 months now and I've absolutely love it and have become addicted to knowing exactly how many calories i'm burning. But the last month and a half my hrm will get stuck at a certain number or just stop reading my HR and going to 00. I've tried repositioning it and making it tighter and nothing seems to be working and its really starting to mess with the quality of my workouts. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this problem? I was thinking about just buying a new strap, but I don't want to waste the money if thats not the problem.

Thanks!!

Replies

• szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    no one?
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    i've been having the same problem with my ft7. mine is about 2 years old so we are looking at replacing the whole thing but now that someone else is having a problem i'm not sure what to do.
  • nikki722
    nikki722 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Are you washing it? Mine would do it ever once in a while, then I started washing it once a week and it hasn't been happening.
  • TiaUti
    TiaUti Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The only time mine acted up was when I forgot to wet the sensors before my workout. I assume you are doing that.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    have you washed it lately? mine did that after a while of just rinsing it in the sink, so i threw it in the washer and it worked fine again.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Wash it in a washing machine with soap only(no fabric softener) and line dry. That should fix the problem.

If not, then make sure the area around where the transmitter snaps on is dry and not wet. For some odd reason if it is wet around where the transmitter connects, then it tends to get screwy.
  • szimba
    Options
    hmm, I have been wetting it and cleaning it by hand but not throwing it in the washer. Do you use soap and everything like normal?? And i'm assuming we can't stick it in the dryer right?
  • szimba
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! I'm going to try to put it through the washer tonight!
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    No, don't stick it in the dryer. Just wash like normal with a load of clothes and let it air dry.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Chiming in here... FT7 had the same problem.
    Definitely wash it in the washer, but line dry. Sorry to parrot, but the more the merrier. ;)