Those pesky little "If every day was like today you would we

Options
2»

Replies

• Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    For me it was right on... When I first started MFP I logged that 5 week number in my calendar and when that date I was actually two pounds under that number.

I was wondering if anyone ever reached the number. I know it changes based on caloric intake and exercise. But I always take note of mine and noted the other day that it said I would lose 19 pounds in 5 weeks IF everyday were like that day. Well, that got me thinking about seeing if the hypothetical numbers would actually come to fruition. Considering challenging myself to see. I think it would be pretty cool.
  • caseydoubleoh7
    Options
    mine is like a little pound over a week usually. it usually says i'm going to be about 8 pounds lower than what i currently am.. so i don't think it's too inaccurate. but it definitely hasn't been including the plateau i've been stuck on. xD
  • uts52
    uts52 Posts: 13
    Options
    It is depressing for me. I have been at it for almost 8 weeks and have lost only 3 lbs. It is difficult to be accurate with calorie burned as most of the exercise I do are not in the database. I document everything i eat, for me it is easier to get the calories of foods I eat rather than calories of exercises i do. Since i love exercising I just continue doing it but still feel depressed when i don't see the result i should see based on the "pesky little thing".
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I find that it overestimates just a bite...but I still like recording it in the "comments" box underneath, along with my current weight that morning. Then, in 5 weeks, I can look back and see how close to being accurate it was!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I copy and paste mine into my food notes when I close out my diary for the day, I'm 6 days away from finding out if the first one I logged came true :) x
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    For me it was right on... When I first started MFP I logged that 5 week number in my calendar and when that date I was actually two pounds under that number.

Now that is a good idea!! Gonna do that myself from tomorrow lol
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

I was wondering if anyone ever reached the number. I know it changes based on caloric intake and exercise. But I always take note of mine and noted the other day that it said I would lose 19 pounds in 5 weeks IF everyday were like that day. Well, that got me thinking about seeing if the hypothetical numbers would actually come to fruition. Considering challenging myself to see. I think it would be pretty cool.

I was near enough for me to be honest, A few years back I was on MFP, it was accurate then too, well when I say accurate, it was thereabouts x
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It might not be the best metric but day after day, watching it tick downward is encouraging.