No support

Options
When I first joined I was excited to look to members for support when I wasn't getting any from family and friends. I stayed dedicated for 100 days then missed a day somewhere and my count restarted. I got depressed over this because somehow this log counter of days had become my only motivator to stay with this. I had not logged on for over a week and not one person noticed I was gone, even when the system reminded them I may need some encouragement. Not one person said a word to me to get me back on track. When your a single mom of a energetic 2 year old struggling with no support in her every day life, support from members on a site made for that, means alot. Do I have the wrong people on my side here? Where do I go from here? I have no motivation now and that just stinks!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about this! Having support is really important for people doing weight loss programs. An energetic 2-year-old sounds like a perfect opportunity for you to stay active, play! It's fun and it burns calories.

I'm telling you now, get back on track! You can do it and your child deserves a mother who can keep up! I'm not great about noticing when people are missing, unless it's quite a while. But I am trying to be better about it.

Have you tried joining a group? They might be sooner to notice your absence? Maybe?

Good luck with your journey!
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I'm on here every day! More friends (and more support) the merrier!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    When I first joined I was excited to look to members for support when I wasn't getting any from family and friends. I stayed dedicated for 100 days then missed a day somewhere and my count restarted. I got depressed over this because somehow this log counter of days had become my only motivator to stay with this. I had not logged on for over a week and not one person noticed I was gone, even when the system reminded them I may need some encouragement. Not one person said a word to me to get me back on track. When your a single mom of a energetic 2 year old struggling with no support in her every day life, support from members on a site made for that, means alot. Do I have the wrong people on my side here? Where do I go from here? I have no motivation now and that just stinks!

Hi!, Add me, I will support you. Support is so necessary on here for most people in my view. Unfortunately, not everybody sees it that way and half the time many just cannot be bothered :((