I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!;-(

Options
I honestly need some serioues help.... the last 3 nights I have broke down and binged eat soooooooo much food that When I wake up in the morning I feel full still and dont get into the routine of eating breakfast. here it is 12pm noon and I havent ate no food cause I feel so blahhhh... im seriouesly in shame... and feel broken ;-( help me plz

Replies

• LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    Today is a new day!! Don't beat yourself up over yesterday... Think about what you did, and *why* and make a promise to yourself that today will be different.

You're not broken, you're just human :)

hugs, Laurie
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    What's done is done so don't beat yourself up over it. Look forward to the rest of the day and tomorrow when you're back on track and where you want to be. We all fall off the wagon sometimes, all that matters is you get back on. Hugs to you :smile:
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast. It's not an issue at all. You will need to get your binging under control though. Perhaps NOT eating breakfast is a good idea so you can save more calories for later in the day when you have less willpower.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    sometimes binges happen. learn to recognize what is happening early in the binge, and work to stop it from continuing. maybe you can stop at one pack of whatever instead of 4 packs next time and so on. just keep focusing on writing down what you are eating. then you can choose how to move on from there. be accountable to yourself!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Well id Say tonight you should avoid eating ANYTHING after dinner--so that you don't set yourself up to binge. Put all food away and clean the kitchen after you plate your food. Then eat. If you get snacky chew gum or have tea....drink a huge cup of water do that your stomach is full to capacity.

Eventually reintroduce snacks because deprivation is not sustainable but tight now your primary concern needs to be controlling the binging.

Good luck!!
  • fitnoflab
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast. It's not an issue at all. You will need to get your binging under control though. Perhaps NOT eating breakfast is a good idea so you can save more calories for later in the day when you have less willpower.

^ This. Be a breakfast skipper. If you can figure out the optimal and realistic times for you to eat, you will stop associating it with failing and guilt. As long as you eat within your calories, the time you eat will not matter. If I have to stay up late I save calories to snack on while studying at midnight.I also peeked at your diary and saw you don't log your food every day. Not a criticism, just a suggestion, but even if you binge log it all in! The visual of the calories adding up and realizing how much is in what foods will help a great deal. I used to always drink IPA's when I went out (my fave beer) but after I realized 4 pints covers my calories for the day I made adjustments. Even if it leads to different foods you binge on it's a start. When I go out now I drink 4 glasses of wine instead (hahaa, like I said it's a start, what can I say i like my booze). Don't get discouraged. Don't associate guilt with learning and making mistakes. And keep posting as you go along. We're here to cheer for you:)
  • onmyway31
    Options
    It's hard to change your eating mind set at first. For years I would say okay now I will start my weight loss journey and within the next 5 minutes I was at Taco Bell. It's hard to get in the groove of how this works but once you get going it is great. Also with weight loss I have learned you have to control your stress. I used to stress eat ALL THE TIME! But I am learning to keep the stress at bay and have found positive ways to deal with it instead of numbing myself with food like I used to.

Start looking for healthier alternatives to the foods you crave. I have found ways to alter foods I enjoy, but instead of going out and getting fast food I make my own lower fat versions!

You CAN do this! Do not give up!
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Are you binging because you're restricting yourself and eating nothing you're craving on your regular days?
  • iwillsucceed155
    Options
    Everyone occasionally has a bad day; just don't turn a bad day into a bad week, month, etc. Today is a new day, try to revist the reason you are on this weight loss journey and move forward.:flowerforyou:
  • DanielleWatson83
    DanielleWatson83 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    im kinda wondering if im bingeing because I am on a sleeping pill... as soon as I take it... im like a zombie and no one gets in my way of food... seriouesly
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    my recommendation is that you start logging your food and water and that way you will start to hold yourself accountable and then comes the feedback where your friends also hold you accountable, BUT do NOT let a few bad days get you down.....never ever look back just forward because that is the direction we are going...I believe in you...do you believe in you????....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    my recommendation is that you start logging your food and water and that way you will start to hold yourself accountable and then comes the feedback where your friends also hold you accountable, BUT do NOT let a few bad days get you down.....never ever look back just forward because that is the direction we are going...I believe in you...do you believe in you????....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

This is REALLY important. Just the act of logging absolutely everything you put in your mouth will help you to control the binges. When you don't log it is like you have given yourself permission to binge eat.

Until you start logging each and every day (the good, the bad, and the ugly) you really haven't taken this lifestyle change seriously, or given your self a chance to succeed.

I'm going to say something to you that I use to hate when someone said it to me...but in your case I believe it to be true...you have an absolutely stunningly beautiful face...please get focused and let's have your health and body match that face. You can do it! One step at a time. I'm rooting for you! :flowerforyou: