Skip-it?

Options
Has anyone ever used a Skip-It to increase their cardio? I thought about buying a jump rope for home but I thought a Skip-It would be fun! :)

Replies

• RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I spend an hour at the gym each night... doing things like the elliptical, stair stepper, weights and resistance bands.. I just thought it would be fun to do something at home too!
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think a skip-it would be awesome!
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Actually I want to do more cardio when I get home so I can lose more weight. I don't want to spend hours upon hours in the gym after teaching all day- I'd like to get home to my family.

Clean and Jerks, Snatches, thrusters, front squats = not true cardio. I mean unless your doing them while your running haha
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought of about skip its in years. I know I was able to work up a sweat when I was 8 I couldn't imagine now nearing 30. I'd be happy if the thing fit around my ankle and didn't get stuck LOL. It sounds like a blast to me.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Whatever gets you moving. I bet it would be fun.

And duh. Of course I do cardio to eat more.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi! Edited to give a fresh start to a new thread. (sorry-as an MFP Moderator)

I think Skip it would be a ball!! I love my jumprope and have been known to take a pc of chalk and make a hop scotch board on the driveway.

Whatever gets your HR up and is fun at the same time is awesome!!:flowerforyou:
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just watched a skip ad on youtube to see what it was. It is soo funny - the clothes, the hairstyles and ohh the music.

Find it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8B0PfV2R0I
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    skip was super fun..until it smacked you in the shin and then it hurt like a *****.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a skip it! I will do anything fun... I had 4 wheel roller skates and a razor scooter.

Why not a skip it? And then a pogo stick! :)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Hey, athletes jump rope for exercise. They work well. I think a skip it would be a great blast and would get you to work up a sweat. I say go for it!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Aww, now I miss my Skip-It! Ah, to be seven years old again, tripping over a plastic cord attached to a weight that would invariably smack me in the leg after I let my concentration slip and lost the rhythm. Those were good days.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea! I think I still have my pink Skip It that I used to play with in grade school. I'm totally going to look for it today. Thanks for the great idea!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Aww, now I miss my Skip-It! Ah, to be seven years old again, tripping over a plastic cord attached to a weight that would invariably smack me in the leg after I let my concentration slip and lost the rhythm. Those were good days.

Yes! Omg that ball on the end hurt!
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    LOL... that sound like so much fun. Make it a circut with other toys.

Skip it- 25 each leg
    Hoola hoop- 2 min
    Jump rope- 2 min
    Hop scotch- 2 min

How fun is that!!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    How funny I was just looking these up the other day.. i miss my old one!!
  • farmerstan
    Options
    i tried using one a few years back had to cut it off my foot would not slide back off.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I bet that would be so much fun, and a great way to do some cardio at home with the kiddos. I wish I still had mine now. Might have to see if I can find another one.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    LOL... that sound like so much fun. Make it a circut with other toys.

Skip it- 25 each leg
    Hoola hoop- 2 min
    Jump rope- 2 min
    Hop scotch- 2 min

How fun is that!!

That sounds awesome! I think I need to make a run to the toy store!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Sounds great fun if nothing else! X
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    omg I miss those things! you should do it. it would be so awesome