Diet pills

Options
So I cried today..........I dont see any progress but the numbers on a scale going down, my clothes all fit the same, diet pills are becoming more and more tempting, I am hanging by a thread. I dont want to take them but i feel like its the only thing thats going to work. NEED MOTIVATION!!!

Replies

• pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Same here, no difference in clothes so far. But from the advice I've read on here I hope that will change soon, starting the 30 day shred tomorrow as I gather the extra exercise really makes a difference to losing inches rather than pounds
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Pretty much no one is going to encourage you to take diet pills. Make your diary public so people can see what you're doing and tell you what you can change. Go from there.
  • appleiam1994
    appleiam1994 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i tried diet pills...and it worked, but it seriously messed up my stomach. i have stomach pains every so often, especially when im stressed and i never had any before. i had to stop after i started puking...its definitely not worth it!!!
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Eat right. Move more.
    It's the only way
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    So I cried today..........I dont see any progress but the numbers on a scale going down, my clothes all fit the same, diet pills are becoming more and more tempting, I am hanging by a thread. I dont want to take them but i feel like its the only thing thats going to work. NEED MOTIVATION!!!

To me, numbers on a scale going down would be progress. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    they are awful...dont take them unless u want to be a moody psychotic mess..at least thats my expereience...as well as my girlfreinds...I can tell they are on a diet pill cycle when start acting "weird".

I have found success in using the supplement CLA...

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/dietweightloss/a/cla.htm
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    I know how you feel. I lost around 20 pounds in about 2 months and then I haven't been able to lose any weight. I got sick and lost 5 because of lack of eating (I ate nothing). My work outs have been better but no moving in inches and weight. Been this way for about 4 months. I went from 1500 to 1200 cals hoping I would see a difference. If not going to try the diet pills and see how they work out on me.
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    I used to take diet pills. thermogenics.... and that was idk last august.... PLEASE do not resort to that. the more you do it on your own the more likely it is to stick. i gained my weigh back a few weeks after i stopped the pills. to me, a short term solution is NOT worth it whatsoever. They made me crabby and irritable, and plus they aren't even FDA approved so who knows what nasty side effects they may cause later in life... :/

Don't give up. You gotta know weight loss is a slow process.
    Maybe try measuring yourself if you don't already.

you can add me, we can talk and i can try to motivate you :) best of luck!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I feel you. Sometimes progress seems so slow.
    As for diet pills, I was thinking of just what to say, and here it is...

" I started popping diet pills like no other, ended up developing low blood sugar and severe anxiety. So stopped doing all the bad stuff but was left with the health problems on top of that gained all the weight back."

There!
    Perfect words. Pure truth.:drinker:
    I love those words, because they reflect the whole problem with diet pills and the quick fix.
    Maybe you recognize those words?

Those are your words.
    Listen to yourself, and just know that you're on your way to better health.
    It takes time, and we're all in the same boat.

KEEP PUNCHING!
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Most diet pills are just caffeine. They make you feel sick so you don't want to eat. I know they claim all sorts of magical compounds, but don't be fooled. The FDA comes down hard on these companies every few years to put them in their place so they stop promising magical results that frankly, they can't deliver. Every person you see on that diet pill add had a personal trainer.

If you're already losing, that's an amazing victory just to start with! Maybe you're not losing the weight in the places you want first. Me, I always have to wait forever for my huge hideous arms to go down. Meanwhile, my WRISTS and ANKLES and NECK start to look slenderer. (Greeeeeat. Cause I care so much about my WRIST slimness. Thanks, body.)

Weight loss takes time. If the pounds are coming off, then they're coming off. You are succeeding. You have to have patience, which is the hardest part of any lifestyle change. The difference is not going to be immediately apparent--but keep up the good work, and you'll see a difference.

There is no physical way that you can lose (for example, I don't know how much you've lost) 30 lbs and look exactly the same as you did before. You might not see it so much--but I bet others do. Keep at it.

For me, people don't notice I had lost weight till I was about 40 lbs down. That's when I dropped a pants size. I work out five times a week.

So give yourself time. Be patient. Losing weight is one of the hardest things you can do in life. Give yourself credit, and be patient. Your feet are on the path. You will reach your destination.

/hugs
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    No offense, but I'm confused. Significant weight loss takes time and effort. If you're just going to try a quick fix like diet pills, why did you put in your profile that you want to do this the right way this time? And if the diet pills made you sick the first time you used them, they could have that effect again. I have never tried diet pills but I've heard some horror stories from others...why risk your health?

Unless I read your post wrong, you said that the number on the scale is going down...that IS progress. If your clothes don't fit differently, then perhaps start lifting weights and strength training to lose inches, that will change your body shape if that is what you are going for.

Eat smarter, move more (not just cardio, mix it up, that will often break a plateau if that's what the problem is).

Be patient...it's taken me a year to lose my weight and keep it off...but doing it slowly and steadily works. You won't regret doing things in a healthy way, but you might regret quick fix diets and diet pills. Just a thought.
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Someone wrote:

"I have found success in using the supplement CLA..."

I second that, by the way, and there are clinical studies that back up this supplement as something that aids in weight loss, if you can afford it. It's not a "diet pill." It has no stimulants or anything like that.
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. I was in the same boat a while back. He did some blood work and I have a thyroid condition. Started taking medication to control it, and once it regulated my thyroid I started losing weight normally again.

Even if you don't have a thyroid condition, or any sort of condition, talking to your doctor couldn't hurt, right?
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person who didn't go crazy, barf or waste my money. I took Oxy Elite Pro, saw great results, felt normal, kept it off.... I never took the full dose, just the "beginner" dose.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Someone wrote:

"I have found success in using the supplement CLA..."

I second that, by the way, and there are clinical studies that back up this supplement as something that aids in weight loss, if you can afford it. It's not a "diet pill." It has no stimulants or anything like that.
    CLA is a waste, save your money...most important thing for losing fat is a good diet and exercise program.

So, let me guess. Somebody failed to actually read the full text of the study:laugh:
    The CLA group's calorie intake over the first 7 weeks increased slightly while the placebo group decreased by about 200 kcal and their RMR also decreased.

Breakthrough concept: eat better and get better results from exercise.:bigsmile:
  • bookin01
    Options
    Just beware of what you take. I swear what I took triggered or caused me to get Bell's Palsy. It was so scary. I thought I'd never get my smile back.
  • jsnearly
    Options
    Nothing wrong with taking something before you workout. Roxylean is good.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. How is the scale going down not progress?
  • metatuem
    Options
    I used Phentermine. Lost a lot of weight, but lost alot of hair too. Would not ever do it again. Will try to manage my diet, and movement. Adding resistence training is also a big help if you are not doing. I purchased elastic bands, and really saw some changes in the way my clothes fit. Keep going, if youre doing more than you always did, and are eating better than you used to, you will have to see changes in time. Good luck!!!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Think for a moment about how long it took you to pack on the pounds you're trying to get rid of. Maybe since childhood? These things will not change overnight and you need to get your head straight and accept that it's going to take a lot of discipline and time to see change.

Knowledge, persistence and willpower will lead you to success.