Just Tried Kale Chips - YUM!

Options
I've been reading about Kale Chips for a while and have put it off each time because I'm not much of a cook, but I bought a bunch of kale this week and made the Kale Chips! I think I'm in heaven! Yummy! Does anyone else eat them?

Replies

• Kendrawinn
    Options
    I want to try them... how do you make them?
  • bjfrezell
    Options
    Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper (I skipped this part).
    With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner or blot well with a paper towel. Drizzle kale with olive oil (about 1 tablespoon) and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Must try this
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    They are wicked good....
  • AmyjoyHa
    AmyjoyHa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My family has started eating them in the last few weeks, we are obsessed!! We love them. I even have a friend who comes over just in hopes to get to eat some. lol.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love making them as a snack...yum is right!
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    im addicted! try sprinkling powdered ranch on them before baking

sooooo good
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I just use Pam spray on the bottom of the pan, then spray a little on the tops of the kale-- then I used lower sodium seasoned salt and a little garlic powder.

Kale chips ROCK!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    They are good, I make them with olive oil and alittle garlic powder or onion powder. It is unbelievale how a green leaf when dried can taste so good.
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot about kale chips lately and tried some at a local farmers market sprinkled with nutritional yeast, SO GOOD! I want to make some at home but I am not sure what to replace for the olive oil as we are not using oil in our cooking for a month.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Putting Kale on my list, thanks for the recipes.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot about kale chips lately and tried some at a local farmers market sprinkled with nutritional yeast, SO GOOD! I want to make some at home but I am not sure what to replace for the olive oil as we are not using oil in our cooking for a month.
    you could try spraying them with alittle Pam, it's stll oil but you need something to get the spices or salt to stick to them. I think the oil helps to "bake" them.
  • Cueball55
    Cueball55 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle a few chili flakes
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    Mmm! That sounds good, and easy!! Thanks for sharing!
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    sounds good, can't wait to try them.
  • judyblackwidow
    Options
    bump...tks will be trying very soon.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    We made these last night, coincidentally. They are completely addicting; we ate the whole batch straight away bypassing the homemade tortilla chips that were sitting there in all their glorious crunchy fried-ness. IMO the kale was way better.
  • nahralynn
    nahralynn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    you could try spraying them with alittle Pam, it's stll oil but you need something to get the spices or salt to stick to them. I think the oil helps to "bake" them.
    Good idea thanks!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    bump