Cardio Workout

Options
What is the best fat burning cardio workout in your opinion?

What is your favorite cardio workout?

I have a gym memebership and love the arc trainer and elliptical there...I havent been to the gym in 2 weeks since I bought myself my own elliptical for home use. Well...I absoutely hate it....I have got to the point in the past couple days where I don't want to exercise because I cant stand getting on the thing, its so much harder on me than the good ones at the gym and it is makes my sciatic nerve flare up( I have probelms with it, along with my knee) I am planning on taking the elliptical back but I would like to hear other cardio workouts people find effective...I love walking so I thought about buying a treadmill*again* but actually use it this time...Im currently doing the 30DS, but want to add more cardio in with that...

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I don't know about which is the best fat burning, but my favorite is the arc trainer. I have seen the muscles become much more defined and I have lost a ton of inches since I started using it as my primary cardio. Once my ankle heals up, I will start running every other day and using the arc trainer every other day. I also add in some strength training now that I am fairly close to my goal weight. I generally burn 500- 600 calories per workout during the week and 400-500 per workout on the weekend.
  • haleycreations
    haleycreations Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love the Insanity series of DVDs they are a true cardio program and I lost 8 1/2" inches off my waist doing this program in conjunction P90X but for a true cardio burn try Insanity.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I walk and just started training for my first 10k. I did a couch to 5k program 18 months ago. I also do Zumba and arc trainer. I have problems w/ my sciatic nerve too. I found the arc trainer to be much better for my back. I also take workout classes wherein strength and cardio are incorporated.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Metabolic Conditioning

Dumbbell clean & jerk, pendlay row, unilateral shoulder press, 20-30 min no rest.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    In my book, nothing beats the burpee for a whole-body, muscle-building, cardio-pumping, butt-kicking workout:

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/dirty-jobs-burpees.html
    http://artofmanliness.com/2010/01/27/the-burpee-the-one-exercise-to-rule-them-all/
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

No opinion.

The best fat burning cardio workout is the one you can do for 30-45 at least, at a very high heart rate, and not hurt your body so much that you can't do something the next day.

Why? Because you burn the same number of fat calories and more calories overall at higher heart rate.

My favorite is outside bike riding.

This time of year though, my own Spin bike routine of changing music for change in spin rate, for hills, flats, downhill, short hill, ect.

Now, if you are really interested in burning fat, then skip the cardio 3 times a week and do weight lifting, biggest major muscles first. (meaning your tricep or bicep doesn't deserve the time until the end, if there is time).
    Glutes, quads, hamstrings, upper back, chest, lower back, stomach, shoulders, inner/outer thighs, bicep/tricep.

Why? Because muscle burns fat all day long. And when you have it and do cardio, it allows burning higher percentage of fat at those higher levels because the load is shared.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Versa climber/ stair climber/bike