When A Sauna Doesn't Suit, Buy A Sauna Suit!

Options
A recent article I came across......

Relaxing in a sauna can be one of the best things you can do for your body, and wearing a sauna suit can closely mimic this – without the hefty price tag of installing a sauna in your home. Anyone who has spent time in a sauna knows of the cleansing feeling achieved just by sitting in the warm environment. You can almost feel the impurities melting away. Your body feels cleansed and rejuvenated with the release of excessive amounts of perspiration.

Regular use of a sauna has been associated with a higher metabolism and better circulation, similar to the after effects of a hard workout- without the workout! In theory, the effect of the heat on your body causes the sweat glands to open up.

When we sweat, impurities are also sweated out, having a detoxifying effect. It is well known that many of our body’s impurities are release through our skin via the pores. As you can imagine, when we increase the amount our body sweats, we are ridding our body of many harmful toxins.

Increased circulation increases the flow of blood to the extremities, meaning that more oxygen is being distributed. The human body needs oxygen to live, and the blood plays a vital role in distributing that oxygen. When you increase the blood flow, you are optimizing the bloods distribution of that oxygen. This has an extremely beneficial effect on the body as a whole.

An increased metabolic rate is one of the main goals of any athlete or fitness-oriented individual. When a person’s metabolic rate increases, their ability to burn fat and calories increases, thereby allowing a person to lose more weight. Water weight is also lost because of the amount of perspiration that is sweated out.

Now imagine if you could combine the sauna and a strenuous workout and reap double the benefits!

Enter the sauna suit. A typical sauna suit is made like an oversized sweat suit, but it is made of a non-breathable material such as nylon or vinyl, so that your own body heat creates a sauna like effect inside the suit. This suit is typically meant to be worn while you exercise to increase the benefits of your workout by increasing the amount of perspiration, causing you to further increase your metabolic rate, shed toxins and increase your heart rate and circulation.

So forget about spending countless hours planning inconvenient renovations and spending thousands of dollars on putting a sauna in your home. You don’t even need to purchase a monthly spa membership to reap the benefits of using their sauna. And you don’t have to worry about taking extra time to hit the sauna after your workout. Now you can combine your workout and the sauna, saving time and money while reaping double the benefits. Just don a sauna suit before your workout and watch your body transform!

Replies

• CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    A recent article I came across......

Relaxing in a sauna can be one of the best things you can do for your body, and wearing a sauna suit can closely mimic this – without the hefty price tag of installing a sauna in your home. Anyone who has spent time in a sauna knows of the cleansing feeling achieved just by sitting in the warm environment. You can almost feel the impurities melting away. Your body feels cleansed and rejuvenated with the release of excessive amounts of perspiration.

Regular use of a sauna has been associated with a higher metabolism and better circulation, similar to the after effects of a hard workout- without the workout! In theory, the effect of the heat on your body causes the sweat glands to open up.

When we sweat, impurities are also sweated out, having a detoxifying effect. It is well known that many of our body’s impurities are release through our skin via the pores. As you can imagine, when we increase the amount our body sweats, we are ridding our body of many harmful toxins.

Increased circulation increases the flow of blood to the extremities, meaning that more oxygen is being distributed. The human body needs oxygen to live, and the blood plays a vital role in distributing that oxygen. When you increase the blood flow, you are optimizing the bloods distribution of that oxygen. This has an extremely beneficial effect on the body as a whole.

An increased metabolic rate is one of the main goals of any athlete or fitness-oriented individual. When a person’s metabolic rate increases, their ability to burn fat and calories increases, thereby allowing a person to lose more weight. Water weight is also lost because of the amount of perspiration that is sweated out.

Now imagine if you could combine the sauna and a strenuous workout and reap double the benefits!

Enter the sauna suit. A typical sauna suit is made like an oversized sweat suit, but it is made of a non-breathable material such as nylon or vinyl, so that your own body heat creates a sauna like effect inside the suit. This suit is typically meant to be worn while you exercise to increase the benefits of your workout by increasing the amount of perspiration, causing you to further increase your metabolic rate, shed toxins and increase your heart rate and circulation.

So forget about spending countless hours planning inconvenient renovations and spending thousands of dollars on putting a sauna in your home. You don’t even need to purchase a monthly spa membership to reap the benefits of using their sauna. And you don’t have to worry about taking extra time to hit the sauna after your workout. Now you can combine your workout and the sauna, saving time and money while reaping double the benefits. Just don a sauna suit before your workout and watch your body transform!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I have purchased one of these a while ago and when I had a personal trainer he had me wear only the top part and boy did I sweat. I still have mine but kinda feel funny wearing it at the gym that I go to now. :embarassed: I shouldn't because I'm not there to impress anyone so I think I may have to find it and start using it again! Thanks for the article! :flowerforyou:

I also found this article that others may like to read:

The Function of the Sauna Suit

Sauna suits are used for weight loss and conditioning by professional athletes, amateur athletes and enthusiasts. Typically, these suits are made from rubberized vinyl, which is able to hold up (not tear) under the stress of active sports such as wrestling.

The use of sauna suits brings out misconceptions about losing weight. That is, to lose weight, your body needs to burn more food (calories) than you eat. And, when your body has no immediate food/source of energy to burn, it will start burning stored fat. Sauna suits help you lose weight by burning more fuel, not only by helping you sweat out lots of water. Sweating lots of water does help though, as it helps your body rid itself of toxins. Plus, the water you lose will be regained when you drink more water. However, the food and fat that were used to create the sweat will not go back into your body, so you’ll lose weight!

Good sauna suits allow you to quickly begin sweating and sweat for longer periods of time. Like with saunas, it is critical to be careful in order not to become dehydrated. Remember your body is burning calories when you wear a sauna suit, so you can drink water to keep yourself hydrated.

In summary, a sauna suit is a good, and inexpensive, alternative to purchasing or using a traditional sauna. If used with care, it can be a great addition to anyone’s workout routine.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    This sounds terrible to me! lol My exercise physiology teacher told us time and time again how important it is to work out in light colored clothing that breathes. You are supposed to be comfortable when you work out, at least thats what I thought. I wouldn't survive running in something like that :happy: You might find me on the side of the road, but I suppose I would be a couple pounds lighter haha

~Leash :heart:
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    jenny
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    For some reason I'm imagining Dune and those stillstuits, lol. Now there's a sauna suit!
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Does all this mean I can count the calories I burn sitting in my sauna:wink: