50 pounds!

Options
Alright, Well just recently I've lost 5 pounds, I originally lost 7, but now I'm back up two again.

I'm at 206 pounds, and I'm only 5.4', I mean I carry my weight well, and you'd never even know that I really weighed that much, but I want to lose 50 pounds and feel good about myself.

I lost the 5 pounds, in the first week, and my second and third week, I haven't dropped anything, but how I did that, I cut out all sugar and almost all carbs, other than eating fruit here and there, I have been drinking more than the recommended amount of water, and drinking tea, I cut out milk, and cereal, anything that happens to be processed I have cut out. So basically my meals consist of fruit, veggies, meat, eggs, and beans, water and tea.

I've allowed myself one day to eat whatever I want, and well I dropped 5 pounds in one week, but now I've stalled at that weight! I'm wondering if I should switch it up a bit? or what I should do.

my ideal goal is to lose about 50 pounds by August, I think it's a realistic goal, but i will need some help along the way, because doing this alone, is well, really hard!

thankyou.

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open, so I can't see how much of your calories you eat, or if you are eating back exercise calories. Or even if you are exercising a ton, or none. I think these things matter as much as quality of food. Eat to the goal MFP sets. If you exercise, be sure to eat almost all or a tad over the goal amount. Under eating will work against you. Exercising a lot and undereating will work against you.
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I made my diary public, I'm not eating as much calories, but I have gone over on a few. it says I can lose up to 12 pounds in 5 weeks if I keep eating the way I'm eating, I just hope it works.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    At the top of this forum there is a post titled "Newbies Please Read Me (2nd Edition)" and it has A LOT of helpful links

I'll never know why people think it doesn't apply to them (but I was one of them so I'm not judging).

Especially check out this link that talks about the phases of weight loss and what to expect when you're trying to lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • Darrknys
    Options
    I don't know what kind of workouts you are doing, but for me I do a different one every few days. Hopefully throw my body off from thinking it's going to get into a routine and getting use to the workouts.
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i try to switch it up a bit, I'll rotate between abs, legs, and arms and shoulders, but I still do the elliptical everyday, i'm hoping to start walking on a treadmil as well.