Just joined 4/8/09

Hello everyone! I just joined MFP at the urging of my friend. I have previously done Calorie King. I find that I start these things then give up after a few weeks. I need some friends to keep me motivated and accountable. With all the on-line forums, social networks and groups, it's wonder anyone leaves the house. I would like to lose between 85-100 pounds and keep it off! Not lose and regain the same 10 pounds 20 times.

My motivation is mediocore at this time. I find that crappy weather saps my energy. Stupid Snow!

My weaknesses are: FOOD; especially breads, chocolate, and pasta. I'm a total carb addict.
Emotional Eating; carbs make me feel better
Busyness; 2 jobs, 2 kids, husband, housework- need I say more
Stress; see all of the above

My pluses are: MFP; just joined the myfitnesspal community
Exercise buddies; I have a couple of friends that will either exercise with me or check up on me
Location; I live within walking distance of both my jobs and plan to either walk or ride my tricycle when the weather warms up.

Anyway, I hope to find some tips and inspiration here.

Replies

• Hello everyone! I just joined MFP at the urging of my friend. I have previously done Calorie King. I find that I start these things then give up after a few weeks. I need some friends to keep me motivated and accountable. With all the on-line forums, social networks and groups, it's wonder anyone leaves the house. I would like to lose between 85-100 pounds and keep it off! Not lose and regain the same 10 pounds 20 times.

My motivation is mediocore at this time. I find that crappy weather saps my energy. Stupid Snow!

My weaknesses are: FOOD; especially breads, chocolate, and pasta. I'm a total carb addict.
    Emotional Eating; carbs make me feel better
    Busyness; 2 jobs, 2 kids, husband, housework- need I say more
    Stress; see all of the above

My pluses are: MFP; just joined the myfitnesspal community
    Exercise buddies; I have a couple of friends that will either exercise with me or check up on me
    Location; I live within walking distance of both my jobs and plan to either walk or ride my tricycle when the weather warms up.

Anyway, I hope to find some tips and inspiration here.
  • glendaz
    glendaz Posts: 55
    Good luck! I wish you all the best!!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    WELCOME!!! As far as your food problem goes, try to eat healthy for at least 2 weeks, be really good about it, and in return you most likely won't want those foods as much anymore. That kind of stuff literally makes me sick and I don't feel good when I eat it, hope the same happens for you lol GOOD LUCK!

~Leash :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you all for the well wishes! It is nice to have support from others who are going thru the same thing.