ok i'm PISSED OFF!!...plateaued in the 2nd week..WTF!!

Options
2»

Replies

• sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    u guys are angels

im so so greatful for ur responds and helps trust me.....i broke down in tears to be honest from this disapointing number of the 2nd week but u guys gave me hope.

all i wish to know now is this :

- is the information and method im doing based on my topic's 1st thread is right? im doing it good? is my method of burning the extra calories via gym exercises is currect ? and how long tell i should lower calories in or increase calories out?

thx alot for reading and would be very greatful if u help on the last question
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Keep going!!!!!!!!!! Who cares if it takes a year.. What's the big hurry? Live, workout, eat and love life! There is no other reason not to!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    ok i apology in advance...im really really pissed off and about to explode...

"height : 168 cm weight : 133 kg age : 28 gender : male exercise : 5-6 days to burn calories taken to 2300"

in the 1st week i lost like almost 3 kg wich was a joy for me...in 2nd week with my 2300 mark calories ( i eat around 3000-3200 and burn rest to 2300 via exercises in gym) i was still same weight...

i mean...what the hell??!

1st time in many years i completed a whole official 2 weeks and this happens to me...im really depressed right now

if anyone out there that have any clue plz post...i need help

A plateau is where you lose neither pounds nor inches in a 4 week period. In 2 weeks, you are not plateauing.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    2nd week doesn't even meet the definition criteria of a plateau. Chill out: work out more, eat less, and do it regularly enough to matter. Two weeks doesn't cut it.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the true definition of "plateau" is... but it generally, it lasts longer than two weeks in my book. In my opinion, not losing weight for a week or so, is nothing to panic or get pissed off about. You didn't gain right?? You know you ate healthily, your body knows it (and appreciates it). Be proud of all your hard work. If there is something that you're doing to sabotage your diet... it will come to light, but it's going to take some time to figure it out.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    two weeks? jesus H man...settle down

:laugh: Agreed! Yeah, just chill. I know how it is to want instant results on the scale. Happens to me just about every 3 weeks. I just remind myself that "slow and steady wins the race." I'm not actually in a race, but slow and steady is my pace!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not a plateau yet, just a brief stall. Keep at it! It will happen for you eventually!
  • kathydp
    kathydp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i'VE BEEN PLATEAUED FOR 2 1/2 MONTHS...................IT REALLY SUCKS....................
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    "Lighten up Frances" your only two weeks into it- give it some time! Slow and steady. It will happen-promise!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    the second week is always the worst. most people do not lose or even gain a pound or two back. happens on every season of the biggest loser. happened to me when i started working out 7 weeks ago. my 7 weeks consisted of a big loss week 1, then nothing again till week 4, then nothing again till week 7. i am averaging 1-2 lbs a week, but it doesn't always come off in a linear fashion. also take body measurements. last week i gained 1 lb, but i lost 11 inches from all over my body. don't fret- just stick with it and the results will come.
    ^^^^^^^^
    THIS

Buck up!
    You are not experiencing a plateau...

How about opening your diary anyway?
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    "Plateaued" in the second week?

plateau - plat-toh - v. to reach a prolonged state of little or no growth or decline.

It's only the second week. It's not a plateau. It's a fluctation.

keep-calm-and-carry-on.png
  • scorpiogirl100
    Options
    exactly...I have been at a plateau for about 8 weeks...2 weeks is nothing!!! you gotta ride it out.
  • cmirescu
    Options
    honestly, 3000-3200 calories per day is excessive. if you come down to 2500/day, that's around 3500 calories less per week which will equal ~1 pound of weight lost. then, if you can continue to exercise regularly (not excessively) a few times per week, you can stably push toward losing 2lbs per week. if you expect anything more than that, you likely have unreasonable or unhealthy expectations. if you're consistent with a sustainable lifestyle, you can expect to lose 4-8lbs per month -- carried over a year, that's easily more than 50lbs.

it's a process you have to dedicate yourself to, not panic about. it'll come. hang in there. :)
  • iwisheyes
    Options
    Relax! Keep eating right and burning more calories than you consume. Just wait until you see what happens at 12 weeks...at 24 weeks... and so on. Stick with it and you'll be impressed by your progress.
  • sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    clearly im stupid and clueless ...thx for the responds guys really appreciate it <3
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ltw3sv8yLd1qzozj1.gif

I am only saying this because I care - there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    My second week was the same way. Weight loss takes time. One day at a time, one pound at a time.