How are you supposed figure out how many strength and condit

Options
I did this circuit training today from Men's health magazine. If we are supposed to eat our exercise calories back (can't really see eating an additional 800 calories for today) how many calories did i actually burn from this circuit?

The total circuit took me about 41 minutes for 3 full sets. With every website i go to it estimates with my body weight at 216-220 or so :) with a 40 minute circuit i burned 526 calories approximately. I know it's harder to figure out calories burned from this type of workout but i'm lost as to what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Men's Health Circuit training
Barbell squat with 60lb barbell 15 x 2 rep
Barbell squat with 70lb barbell 15x 1 rep
Barbell Deadlift squat with 60lb barbell 15 x 2 sets
Barbell Deadlift squat with 70lb barbell 15 x 1 set
Dumbell Clean & Press 25lb dumbell 15 x 3 sets
Dumbell squat with 25lb dumbell 15 x 3 sets
Dumbell Single Arm Row (L&R) 45lb dumbell 15 x 3 sets
Burpee x 15 x 3 sets
Farmers walk with 2 - 20lb dumbells x 1 1/2 minutes x 3 sets
Single Leg Romanian Deadlift (L&R) 45 seconds x 3 sets

Thanks

Jeff

Replies

• jmankin2012
    Options
    anybody?

I did this circuit training today from Men's health magazine. If we are supposed to eat our exercise calories back (can't really see eating an additional 800 calories for today) how many calories did i actually burn from this circuit?

The total circuit took me about 41 minutes for 3 full sets. With every website i go to it estimates with my body weight at 216-220 or so :) with a 40 minute circuit i burned 526 calories approximately. I know it's harder to figure out calories burned from this type of workout but i'm lost as to what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    It is extremely difficult to determine how many calories you burned from this workout without the use of a heart rate monitor. There are some posts with members feedback on various brands. I recommend using a HRM to determine your calories burned.
  • jmankin2012
    Options
    Thanks for the input MMarvelous!! Greatly appreciated, i have also read that using a HRM does not give you an accurate total either. I have seen numbers from as low as 100 calories for 20 minutes to 500 calories for 40 minutes so it's really tough to know. I also believe an continuous circuit will be much different than lifting sets with longer than 30 second breaks in between.

I guess i'll just eat a little bit over on my days when I do strength and conditioning.

Thank you for responding and have a wonderful day!!!!

Jeff