Heart Rate Monitors-HELP!

Sorry Guys, I know this has probably been posted before but I'd REALLY like to get one and I'm SO confused. Let me tell you what I know and what I'm sort of looking for, and if anyone can suggest one/give me advice, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm trying to lose a lot of weight and I know calories calculated on here aren't that accurate so I'd like to get a better look. I'm a competitive person, so having a good number to go off of motivates and drives me. I try to exercise for at LEAST an hour a day and vary my activities. I do also swim almost ever day, so I'd love one that's waterproof, at least to like10ish feet. I've heard/read that the chest band ones are more accurate, but I'd at least like one that it was a chest plug in and not just the chest. I'd like a watch/bracelet type one, bonus if it's an actual watch. Price isn't a HUGE concern...I dont want like...a 500dollar one, but I'd say around 200$ or under. I'm more looking for a quality, durable, waterproof, acurate and easy to use one. SO...any advice/tips/suggestions? I'd really appreciate it. I'm SO confused and have been in this state of limbo for a few weeks. Anyways, any help yall can provide would be SO appreciated!

Replies

• baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    I have a Sportline Womens Duo 1010. Got it at ****s Sporting Goods. Its water resistant. It has a watch and a chest band. The watch alone does not continously monitor heart rate however. The watches that do are much more expensive and not as accurate as the chest straps, but you know that already. I have had two different sportline products and loved both. Feel free to message me with questions.

- JoAnna
  • I have the Timex Ironman Triathlon and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it. So easy to use! Chest strap, watch, timer, alarm, etc. all in one! Not sure if it's waterproof though - might have to double check! I got it from Amazon for under $100!