Colon Cancer

Options
My brother Rick Bradshaw found out he has colon and liver cancer and was not given a very good prognosis. He is 53 years of age and an avid skier,walker, hiker,boater, swimmer and beautiful father,husband,son, brother,uncle. I am appealing for all prayers for healing . (physical,mental,spiritual,emotional) I thank you all in advance and encourage you all to continue to fulfill your dreams of improved health and happiness. It means everything to stay strong. Sincerely rhea

Replies

• fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I would be honored to pray for your brother, Rhea. Sending prayers and good thoughts his way!
  • 4Leener
    4Leener Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would also like to prayer for your brother and with your permission, I will put him on our prayer chain via FB, called Prayer Warriors. Please let me know if this is okay with you. If so, I will post it immediately.
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer 12/2008 at the age of 48. He is still here. Multiple lesions found in the liver. He has come through 5 surgeries, almost non stop chemo, and had to face the fact he had to go on disability. So far, he has beaten the odds.

There is a website, csn.cancer.org, sponsored by the American Cancer Society, which has a forum of folks who are fighting and beating cancer. They have a wealth of info there you will not find anywhere else.

Do not believe survival rates you find on the internet. They are outdated.

Remember, your brother is NOT a statistic.

Prayers to your brother and your family.

Angela-- you can private message me anytime.
  • rhealavonne
    rhealavonne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Absolutely put him on any prayer chain you can. Although he is struggling we fully believe in the power of prayer and God's compassion and love for his children. Many. many thanks. Rhea
  • rhealavonne
    Options
    What keeps us going is hope. You have given me that so thank you so much. He was given 7 days to live 10 days ago and is in a very weakened state but still pushing ahead. We are not willing to give up. He only has 10 percent left in his liver so it is a challenge for his body to keep going.
  • CDRFrost
    CDRFrost Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In My Prayers God Bless
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of such struggle and have said a prayer for your brother's healing and comfort as well as for your strength and peace.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Will be praying for God's healing touch for your brother...and strenght to everyone in your family as you face this crisis.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    prayers for your brother and family.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this! I just lost my father to cancer about 7 months ago, it's a horrible thing to deal with. Your brother is in my thoughts and prayers.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Sending prayers and activating prayer tree- sending tons of prayers
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Prayers for your brother and our thoughts are with you.
  • 4Leener
    4Leener Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am honored to lift people up to my Savior for healing. Our prayer warriors are faithful servants! ~Kathleen
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with him and your family at this difficult time. I wish all the best for him. Let him beat the odds and go on to live a long and healthy life. If you ever need to talk, please don't hesitate to message me. <3
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you and your family <3 Hugs
  • rhealavonne
    Options
    My beautiful brother passed away Wednesday February 15th at 7.30p.m 2 weeks after being diagnosed with cancer. We are in shock but without prayers, friends and family this would feel impossible. To all who continue to pray I thank you sincerely. We have seen God's work in action many times during the last 2 weeks so I have no doubt my prayers are heard. I am with heavy heart right now With love to you all Rhea
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss, my sister was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer about a year ago at 42 years of age.
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Will continue to pray for strength for you and your family.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I had sent you the personal note before I read all the way through the postings. I am so sorry to hear about your brother and my thoughts goes to those of you who loves him.

Cancer is like terrorists - we can not let them win!!! The loss of your brother makes me want to keep fighting for persons affected by this disease and their families and friends.