blue cheese

Options
I have recently discovered that I love blue cheese. What are some ways you all like to eat it ? And maybe some recipes that have it in them....Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I really like it baked on top of figs.

Get fresh figs, cut open at the top in sort of a cross shape, and put a piece of blue cheese inside. Put into the oven or under the grill until the cheese is melted and bubbling.

Simple and delicious.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I like to not eat it. Teehee
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    mmm the figs thing sounds good....I have been loving it in my salads lately with light ranch...sooo good and you can have 1/8 cup for 50 cals and thats a just right amout for a decent size salad!
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i LOVE bleu cheese. it complements beef really well. great crumbled on top of a burger or steak, especially w' fried onions and bbq sauce! also good on top of chicken breast.
  • mbww
    mbww Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese crumbles - one of my favorites. I top a burger with them (I skip the bun). I love them in salads, too, and on nachos. A salad with cut up chicken breast with Frank's hot buffalo wing sauce, lettuce, tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles is a frequent meal for me. The taste of chicken wings without the deep frying.
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    mixed greens, strawberries, chicken breast, 8 pecan halves, bleu cheese
    olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, pepper on top

YUMMY!