Did anyone lose weight just by watching their calories??? I

Options
124»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I got rather wrinkly and gave up after about 4 months (I had lost around 2 stone). I put most of the weight back on as I felt grim and didn't like how I looked. This time I have lost weight mostly through exercise, while watching what I eat, and I look and feel much better for it, and have lost a lot more weight.
  • sarahmac828
    sarahmac828 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Couldn't delete post - error
  • Bet_Lynch
    Options
    I don't do well at all on just watching calories. I found that I'm more successful watching carb/sugar intake, hence why I'm doing South Beach (the no crap diet)

I did do Atkins and lost 13lbs but I couldn't maintain it, it did work but it was too hard for me.

But I seam to be one of those people who body loves it's bad carbs and refined sugar and hangs onto that weight especially as I'm older now. (losing weight is twice as hard now)

But I've found exercise to be really important now and i rekon when I'm a lot older I'll be glad that I kept active to some degree.
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    "You lose weight in the kitchen, you get fit in the gym." This is a great quote that I saw posted on facebook. I am the opposite of most people I love to work out but have a harder time staying within my calories. BUT I rather stay 27 pounds overweight(what I need to lose to get into a healthy range) and continue to workout than to be lighter with no muscle or cardio endurance. Some people think that its all about the number on the scale and its not. It should be about being the healthiest person you can be. You can lose weight from just counting calories, but you cannot get fit any other way than just exercise and you cannot be healthy without it. Everyone can make the time to exercise.