So excited!! Down to size 12 for the first time since middle

Hey all! I was so proud that today i bought and can confortably wear size 12 jeans. I remember wearing size 12 in the 7th grade. And at that time I was headed the other direction with my weight. I've been shopping in Plus sizes since I had my first child. Until I started MFP, i was wearing size18/20W. At Thanksgiving I ventured into the misses department to try on some 16s and was surprised to find I could easily wear 14. When I started wearing clothes that really fit instead of my old, now baggy, clothes people really began commenting on my weight loss. A couple of weeks ago I snuck into a dressing room with some 12s and was able to get them zipped but they weren't confortable. So that motivated me to work really hard and watch every bite and today the 12s went right on! I am so stoked and just want to say thanks MFP for helping me lose weight for the first time EVER! Also anyone who is faltering may want to do the same and find some new motivation. 35lbs lost so far for me and my doc says she'd like me lose 28lbs more for a final goal of 155. My Fitness Pal has saved my life, blood pressure is WAY down and also cholesterol is looking great!

Replies

• ashtonalayna
    ashtonalayna Posts: 89 Member
    WOW! Thats great, you have done amazing. Such an inspiration, you should be very proud!!!!!
  • clang1
    clang1 Posts: 44 Member
    Awesome work!
  • spookystitches
    spookystitches Posts: 37 Member
    That's awesome!! :drinker: The last time I wore a size 12 was middle school too.
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 183 Member
    So excited for you. I recently have also dropped to the size 12 jeans after having worn 14 or 16s for more years than I
    want to admit. When I bought my 12's they were a bit uncomfortable, but now they feel great !! Can't quite move my
    old jeans out of my closet to the other closet yet, but should I stay here or better for another month I will make that
    change. Darn by the looks of things most of the tops and bottoms are getting toooo big for me now. I need new clothes
    to fit right, but then I still have 20 lbs to go. Hard to believe this is happening after trying to do this for so many years.
    Best of luck on this journey !!!!!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Feels good, doesn't it.

Congratulations on the loss!

Keep moving the scale down....don't stop at size 12.

~katie

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    That's great! I haven't seen a 12 since middle school either. Great inspiration- thank you!!
  • That is so fantastic and I am so happy for you!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!! :heart:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Congrats!! That is fantastic ; )
  • bono
    bono Posts: 179 Member
    I have been afraid to try on 12 because they may be tight! I never thought of it as motivation...

Way to go! I think I may just go try them...
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    That rocks!

Um.. size 12. I think I was a size 12 when I was 12....

The smallest size I can remember being was.... um.... *jeopardy music heard playing in background... then the buzzer sounds*

Well, about 12 years ago I briefly fit into a size 14, I do remember that. I spent most of my 20s in size 18, my 30s and 40s in sizes 20 up to 24s, with that dip to 14, right after the divorce. (how to lose 300 lbs of ugly fat? divorce him!!)

I'm currently wearing loose 20s, and looking forward to hitting the 18s soon!
  • Great story and congratulations on the weight loss. I felt the same way when I could easily fit into 14s. :happy: Keep up the great work. You're a great motivator
  • Awesome NSV! Congrats
  • Good Job :)
  • Congratulations...good job.
  • goyabean
    goyabean Posts: 28 Member
    Awesome that's great!!!! Nice work!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    sweet! great job! :drinker:
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    That is awesome. You should be very proud. Keep up the good work and get rid of those size 14's you won't need them ever again!
  • That is fantastic!!! Congratulations!!
  • That's great, congratulations! Keep it up, girl!!
  • Wow! Thank you to all of you who replied to my post! I was so pleasantly surprised when I got up this morning to see all of the nice comments and support. What a great group of people lifting up a strange
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!