Gave in to Temptation

Options
Hello,

I have been a member on this site since January with a goal of losing 2 stone. To start with my weight increased as i was not eating enough calories so i eventually got myself on track. I eat my 1200 calories a day, i exercise 5 times a week, i go swimming and walking and running. I have even taken on the challenge of Ben Nevi in august and how much have a lost? Not a thing.
Maybe once a 2 weeks i'll treat myself to milky car or a small chocolate bar. I eat my 5 fruit and veg a day and some meat. I have 3 meals within portion size and some low calorie snacks.

WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT?

So far i have kidded myself into 'maybe its muscle' but muscle does not jiggly when you prode it!!

I really can't understand. Im not kidding myself and having a secret stash of sweets, im sweating it out at the gym and have a personnel training schedule i stick to, i walk lots.

First when i noticed i was not losing weight i decided not to weigh myself for 1 month that way it would be true weight loss.

I was 168lbs on the 09.03.2009 and ont he same scales, in the same clothes im 168lbs 09.04.2009.

Help!!!!!

Replies

• s115k119
    s115k119 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello,

I have been a member on this site since January with a goal of losing 2 stone. To start with my weight increased as i was not eating enough calories so i eventually got myself on track. I eat my 1200 calories a day, i exercise 5 times a week, i go swimming and walking and running. I have even taken on the challenge of Ben Nevi in august and how much have a lost? Not a thing.
    Maybe once a 2 weeks i'll treat myself to milky car or a small chocolate bar. I eat my 5 fruit and veg a day and some meat. I have 3 meals within portion size and some low calorie snacks.

WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT?

So far i have kidded myself into 'maybe its muscle' but muscle does not jiggly when you prode it!!

I really can't understand. Im not kidding myself and having a secret stash of sweets, im sweating it out at the gym and have a personnel training schedule i stick to, i walk lots.

First when i noticed i was not losing weight i decided not to weigh myself for 1 month that way it would be true weight loss.

I was 168lbs on the 09.03.2009 and ont he same scales, in the same clothes im 168lbs 09.04.2009.

Help!!!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing everything right to me.
    Maybe you should have your Thyroid checked. I did, and with the right medication and eating within my numbers, I've managed to lose the weight!
    Also, make sure you're drinking tons of water, it really helps. :drinker:
  • erkuhns79
    erkuhns79 Posts: 46
    Options
    1200 calories doesn't sound like enough for 168 lb woman. And then to factor in all the exercise you are doing - it REALLY doesn't sound like your eating enough. I'm 150 lbs, and according to this website, should be eating 1300 calories (moderately active).

I'm no expert but it certainly sounds like you are eating healthy and exercising on schedule...but without eating enough, your body may be depleting it's muscle you are gaining by exercising to keep your itself fueled.

and yes, drink plenty of water!!!
  • erkuhns79
    Options
    1200 calories doesn't sound like enough for 168 lb woman. And then to factor in all the exercise you are doing - it REALLY doesn't sound like your eating enough. I'm 150 lbs, and according to this website, should be eating 1300 calories (moderately active).

I'm no expert but it certainly sounds like you are eating healthy and exercising on schedule...but without eating enough, your body may be depleting it's muscle you are gaining by exercising to keep your itself fueled.

• erkuhns79
    Options

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    try upping your cals... you might be too low... it worked for me :bigsmile:
  • erkuhns79
    Options
    wow - somehow i posted 3 times! :laugh:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

I agree, I am 180 and my calories are 1400 a day PLUS I eat my exercise calories (unless I have splurged too much, like say this coming Easter Sunday, I might only eat some or none of my exercise calories in hopes of balancing out, but typically I eat them all).
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I agree, 1200 cals is not enough when you are working out 5 times a week.

You should up your cals to 1500 at least on the days you are working out.
  • e11xoxo
    e11xoxo Posts: 86
    Options
    Try eating your exercise calories, and personally, I bought a scale that has a body fat monitor on it and focus on that instead of pounds.

Most importantly, stay the course! You can do it!