Any breakfast cereal recommendations?

Options

Replies

• MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I alternate between porridge, all bran and a wheat one like shreddies or weetabix.

Nothing that tastes nice is healthy!!!
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    ps, completely understand though, i feel like i spend my life chopping up onions.
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    Granola and fat free greek yoghurt, BEST breakfast ever!
  • LindsayChick
    LindsayChick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The Original Fiber 1 Cereal is great -- just needs a little splenda on top. 60 calories per half cup!
  • dodson169
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean because of the protein and fiber counts. Add in some frozen blueberries for a little flavor - though I like the cereal flavor by itself - kind of plain, not sugary.
  • melindadunston
    Options
    I eat one packet of instant oatmeal. I eat strawberry and cream. It actually fills you up pretty well. If you drink water after the oatmeal expands so you stay full longer.
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I go with shreddies....love them and very filling x
  • bigtone34
    Options
    I just prefer bran cereal with a bunch of blueberries in there. I have the same thing M-F and its quick and easy.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    i have bran flakes with non fat milk, dired plums and a grapefruit. around 450 cals.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've not found a prepackaged cereal that fills me up yet, the only thing that keeps me going is oats. If I'm not in the mood for breakfast I often have a smoothie. (Make a big batch at the weekend and bottle it), all you have to do is pour and go x
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    My favorite is old fashioned rolled oats cooked with 1/2 cup wild blueberries, 1 TBSP ground flax seed, and 2 heaping TBSP Greek yogurt (0%). Eat that and you won't get hungry the rest of the day.
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just discovered a taste sensation! 50g porridge oats, chick in chopped banana and add water. Whizz it in the microwave for 3 mins and hey presto! Banana bread tasting cereal! The way I make it it amounts to around 270 calories but the feeling of fullness lasts for hours! I can't rate it enough, tastes amazing and any sugar is all natural! Mmm :D
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've been recommended that as long as it's under 5g of sugar per serving, go for it!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    oatmeal only takes 2 minutes in the microwave and is amazingly healthy for you and yummy!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Cereal is a staple for us. It's breakfast food, it's bedtime food. It's yummy. LOL.

I do usually have a box of Kashi Go Lean on the shelf for the protein value, but meh. It's like eating cardboard. I add some berries if I am really worried about it.

I really like Quaker Harvest Crunch. It's really filling. Quaker Life Cinnamon is my go to snack out of the box cereal. I like the Special K with berries stuff too. We also buy shreddies and cheerios. Anything really. We don't tend to get the really sugary stuff though. But I'm not opposed to it. We do have a box of honeycomb up there at the moment.
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    multigrain cheerios!!
  • KarenGee1978
    Options
    Kellogs Krave double chocolate. If your a chocolate lover and want to keep the calories down then this is it. It is only 120 calorie 3/4 of a cup
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Any and all Kashi Go Lean-I'm in love with the cinnamon crunch one right now. Add some banana and raisins and it makes a great breakfast! Beyond that I'll do oatmeal or a protein shake-both also very quick and easy.
  • linb99
    Options
    I love Multi-grain cheerios. They're slightly sweetend which means you don't have to use sugar or artificial sweeteners.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    I eat Special K Protein Plus, it has the lowest carbs of any cereal I have been able to find, plus the fiber and protein help!! I mix it with Chobani Greek yogurt for a yum breakfast.