Fell off the wagon so hard I BOUNCED.

Options
Lets not get into what I may have or may not have eaten over the past week. Let's just say it was BAD... ALL of it... (most of it anyway... ok. Maybe 1 meal per day was BAD... but it was BAD).

Ok. So I put on a few pounds AGAIN... & I haven't been to the gym.

Starting a new job & hoping to start a new routine. Who's worked an 11-7am shift before, & what kind of routine were you in then? I want to try not to eat too much, but not too little, & make sure I get a workout in (something NEW considering the past three plus months I've been putting it off "to tomorrow" till tomorrow became a LONG time in the future).

What did your day look like?

I was thinking of trying one of those meal-replacement shakes... a ViSalus, or Carnation Instant Breakfast or something. Does that help keep you energized through the night shift? Though, the Instant Breakfast has a LOT more calories.....

Ideas?

Replies

• Dove954
    Options
    I don't have that exact schedule but I get out of work around 3 am. I workout when I get off work. I just try to keep a normal eating schedule according to my hours. Also I try not to eat within 3 hours of going to sleep. It takes a while to adjust but you will get used to it. Good luck!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    11pm-7am for 3 years now. I struggled at first too. for me it came down to 3 things.

1) sleep. it didn't matter if I ate healthy or exercised. I was tired all the time so I over ate to compensate for my sleepiness. It helped somewhat to keep my butt awake while at work but of course my goals of losing weight were sabotaged. I tried the broken up sleep but doesn't work. I need straight sleep. I average 6-7 hrs. once I started a routine I stopped feeling as tired at work. usually in bed by 2pm-3pm and up 10:30pm to start my night.

2) eating. for me I just eat 2x a day during my work week. while at work and after work. When I am at work I bring my lunch and I just graze on it through out the night. It keeps me awake. I also would leave my wallet at home when I first started. lots of fast food opened 24hrs. easy to just go out and get something. no $$$ = no fast food! my other meal time is usually 11am-1pm. that one I just eat normally in 1 single sitting. I don't label it. I don't call it dinner or lunch.

3) exercise. majority of my workouts are done @ 2am. I work weekends at a Naval base and at my work, barely anyone is here during the graveyard shift. plus it's rarely busy. I take advantage and go outside for 30-45 mins to walk, jog ,whatever. I'll come to work at times just wearing my workout clothes, report in, wait for some downtime usually 2am and go outside to the track or 8 story parking garage building and do my thing. my workplace is laid back and dress code isn't enforced. my co-workers think I am nuts for doing such a thing in the cold night but it's what works for me. during the week work gets busier so I can't always go out at 2am. those days I just bring my gym bag with me to work and hit my YMCA after I get off.