Eating out and being away from home

Options
havingitall
havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
So I was away from home from last Friday morning until last night. Some of it was vacation and some was business. I was concerned that since I did not control how the food was cooked that I could have problems. I made sure I worked out 4 of the 5 mornings that I was away and I made sure I was careful with the choices I made.

I lost a pound!!!

I think I finally understand how to do this

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    So I was away from home from last Friday morning until last night. Some of it was vacation and some was business. I was concerned that since I did not control how the food was cooked that I could have problems. I made sure I worked out 4 of the 5 mornings that I was away and I made sure I was careful with the choices I made.

I lost a pound!!!

• cookydt
    cookydt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that story. Next month I'll be going for a week and already trying to have a "plan of attack". Knowing it can be done helps! :flowerforyou:
  • tkain
    tkain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I understand, I eat out often and I too have learned to make healthy choices and staying active is so important. Good for you! :smile:
  • TheMeatman
    Options
    I am on the road every day, and my company pays for my meals. That's alot of the reason for my weight gain. One thing I did was start researching restaurant nutritional values, and calories in the foods I like. I'm not much of a salad, or veggie guy, but I've found that when I eat Subway, rather than Cracker Barrel, I can get full and still lose weight.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I lost a pound!!!

u rock!! I was on vacation as well and came back to find a 2lb loss woot woot..its really not hard once you think of it as lifestyle change for the better....wtg!!
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    Way to go! :flowerforyou: I found out this week that eating out is very hard! I felt silly but asked for the nutrition guide at a resturant today. Learned the hard way from my lunch at Chili's Monday. Talk about Sticker Shock when I got home!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    We drag race and do the car show thing from April to Oct. We have drags and show cars and I tell ya, if I don't take a cooler of health foods and snacks, I stray real bad!!!!

I hit the store the night before and get pears, grapes, bananas and apples.
    Raw cauliflower with low fat dip and diet green teas.

Restaurants are the worst. Alot of the drag race scene are PO-DUNK, towns with not a whole lot of options.

So I usually find a wendys or mcdonalds and get a salad, better that then a buffet or fries. Or I go to a steak house and get just the steak/chicken with a salad or steamed veggies.

It's so hard!!!!!

First show is next weekend in Chattanooga...... A lot of walking, but still, gonna be careful on my options!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: that is so awesome, keep up the great work.
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am on the road every day, and my company pays for my meals. That's alot of the reason for my weight gain. One thing I did was start researching restaurant nutritional values, and calories in the foods I like. I'm not much of a salad, or veggie guy, but I've found that when I eat Subway, rather than Cracker Barrel, I can get full and still lose weight.

I completely feel you. My boss buys the office lunch everyday. And we go to not so good places. Yesterday made a week on the program for me. And no matter where they went I would get a salad. So yesterday I went to the supermarket and bought my own food and snacks. and tons of fruits and veggies I can pack in zip lock bags.

I really feel great I am full and I will do this. Good luck to all
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting on a plane shortly to go back home after a week of vacation. I worked out 5 of the 7 days and tried my best to watch calories. I'm hoping to not have gained but to have lost weight, well now that truly would be great. Great job on the 1 lb. loss! :drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great on the 1 lb loss while being on vacation too!!!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting on a plane shortly to go back home after a week of vacation. I worked out 5 of the 7 days and tried my best to watch calories. I'm hoping to not have gained but to have lost weight, well now that truly would be great. Great job on the 1 lb. loss! :drinker:

Woo hoo...just weighed in this morning and I ALSO lost a pound while on vacation! I think I get it too! I've finally hit the 10 pounds lost mark. It's taken since January but that's okay. Hopefully I'll get the other 15 off by 3/18/09. Yeah for us!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!