Need Motivation friends

Options
I have been dieting for years i 100 pounds once but i gained it back i am a stress eater and it is hard but i turned 50 a young 50 and i was diagnosed a diebetic a few months ago i also have grandchildren i want to enjoy . But still sometimes lack the motivation Just need some friends in the same boat dealing with weight loss for motivation and mainly a kick in the but emailing or texting if interested please friend me .. thanks

Replies

• ezeltner
    ezeltner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I will be your friend. My story is very similar to yours. I am 47 years old with two children and 1 grandchild. I have been diabetic for about 7 years now. I also have multiple other problems. I am not sure how to add you as a friend so let me know and we can talk.
  • arlenejos
    Options
    I know how it is, I've been overweight all my life. I think with a good majority of we overweight people is its all in our head, its the lack of motivation, the lack of caring for ourselves enough.....others always comes first. I know how to lose weight, I know what and how to do it BUT the head/emotions gets in the way. Maybe just talking to others is a form of counseling and can help us. I have to go right now but you have to know that you CAN and WILL do this and KNOW others are with you and here to help you!
  • chefwife36
    Options
    I'm with you ladies! We concentrate on everyone else around us and making sure their needs are met-while we are not taking care of ourselves. WE need to start today! I'm soooo tired of being sick & tired (miserable)....we can be here for each other!!
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My younger brother was just diagnosed w/ Diabetes a bit of a wake up call to me at about 40 or so pounds overweight. Plus being older and the fact that my mother is overweight with type 2 diabetes made me realize I need to live a better lifestyle if I want to live to a grand old age.
  • arlenejos
    Options
    Hey we can do it.....you go girl :flowerforyou: We all deserve the best, it just takes some of us longer to realize this, I guess!! I'm gettin it, slowly but surely!
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi....I'm not a diabetic but a great motivator!!! Friend me if you would like...
  • traycee3
    traycee3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will be your motivation friend! I am looking for friends on here myself. It gets lonely logging in and logging my activity without anyone to share my good news with! lol
  • TrishD2
    TrishD2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Trish. I used this as a smartphone app for a while before, lost maybe 10 pounds but that was all. I am a 21 year old mother of two baby girls, and really want to lose some weight and become a healthier me for my daughters and myself. I am hoping to find some friends who have something in common with me, which I am assuming is why we are all here. Hope to meet you all, and help anyone out with support any way I can.
  • steffihoney
    Options
    I think you can lose it again!! A little motivation and support helps.
    I sent you a friend request.
  • sassyshell
    sassyshell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I was diagnosed with diabetes about 2 years ago and kept playing around with the diet and exercise and was put on medication (pill) a year ago and then an injection about 7 months ago. I lost 30 pounds and then got lazy but was able to maintain but got back on track about 3 months ago and now have lost 44lbs. My last two doctors apt, my A1C has been 5.9 and 5.7. I go back March 9th and my dr. says I should be off all medication. Loosing weight has saved my life!