BMR HELP??

can someone please explain BMR to me?? I get that its giving me the amount of calories my body needs but what does it mean when when it talks bout how many calories your body naturally burns. A dhow many calories yoy need to loose a pound??? Please help!!!

Replies

• mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    BMR is the basic requirement your body needs to maintain it's basic functions, such as breathing, brain activity, digestion...and so on.

Total expenditure is what you burn in a typical day, including BMR plus normal activity.

One pound is worth 3500 calories. So you need a deficit between activity burned and calorie restriction of 3500 calories to lose one pound. A healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    BMR- Your BMR is how many calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day — basically, how many calories you burn just to stay alive.
  • basel matabolic rate, its not 100% but on average its what your height and weight and sex need to live this is without moving in bed all day ( so before exercise ) mine is 1,800 so if i ate that but still say burned 500cals daily technicaly i would still lose weight, this is what my GP said and actually im loseing more this way. rather than eat 1,200 and being so tierd and near anemic.