has anyone lost weight without exercise???????????

Options

Replies

• vmwmvb
    vmwmvb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have before but once my body was used to the low calorie diet I actually saw no result s anymore and after a while my doctor got concerned because I was not taking in what I needed to run. Honestly I advise you to exercise even if it's just walking everywhere
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80 pounds without exercise, other than walking for 30 minutes a day. I don't feel deprived of food either -- well, OK, so I'd love to eat 200g of chocolate, a chocolate muffin and a tuna crunch sandwich from Greggs everyday, along with a couple of Starbucks hot chocolate drinks, but none of it is even healthy, so living on that would do me no good at all. I just fit in some chocolate here and there, and have Starbucks and things from Greggs only once a week or so, but plan for the calories when I do. Doing exercise would help me lose weight faster, but I'm actually happy with the rate I'm losing at. Doing exercise would make me fitter -- but I plan on waiting until the summer until, maybe, I do something about it. Eating healthier, and not just managing calories, is my next goal. Exercise comes afterwards.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    moral of the story from other posts, just exercise, there's always time. . . always, even the busy people, ALWAYS time
  • MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    Hi, I have always found it easier to lose weight without exercising because exercise makes me so hungry and also when I feel well in myself (which exercise does to you) I actually don't feel as bothered about what I look like. I have started exercising again recently and I'm really enjoying it so I need help in actually getting the calories right to lose weight and exercise. I am one of those people that stays stuck at a weight, so once I get to my goal I can probably eat what I want within reason as long as I exercise too.
  • becky2967
    Options
    you can but exercise is an important part of loseing weight as otherwise you will lose muscle which actually helps you keep fit and keep the weight of. idealy you should do a 50/50. if thats not possible ( i have a bad leg so occationaly i cant exercise ) you can be on a low cal but a high vitamin diet but you still eed to walk or something small about 20minutes daily, if thats not possible id speak with your GP.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I lost loads of weight without exercise, to lose more weight I had to keep cutting calories. Eventually I didn't have enough energy to do day to day tasks, I couldn't keep up with eating so few calories, I gained all the weight back and it's harder this time to lose weight. It's worth getting in to exercise, even if it's just 20 minutes of something that gets your heart racing every other day, eventually you'll feel like doing more.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You can, but the loss won't last long. Try not to think of exercise strictly in terms of going to the gym or going to an aerobics class. Much of my exercise comes from cleaning. I set my lifestyle to sedentary, then I log when I do any kind of extensive cleaning. (Folding a blanket or wiping a table are not the kind of cleaning I am talking about.) I also park as far away from my office as possible, and walk a lot more. I take the steps. I power walk across campus when I need to run an errand.

Just start getting more active in everyday kinds of ways. Once you do, you will find that you want to do more. :)
  • vmwmvb
    vmwmvb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks for your replys its just i noticed when i don't exercise for a week i seem to lose at least 1 pound and when i do exercise (30ds) i struggle to lose 1 pound

You have to remember muscle weighs more than fat. I thought the same thing when I first started but truth is you just built up more muscle...so actuality you lost more than you think.
  • dshill234
    Options
    Depending on what type of exercising you're doing, or if this is the first time you've done it in a long while, your body is turning fat into muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat and is more dense. This is a good reason myfitnesspal asks about measurements. As you gain muscle you will lose inches. After your body gets used to the type of exercise you're doing you will begin to lose weight faster because muscle burns more calories per day (even while resting) than fat does.
  • vakaranshah786
    vakaranshah786 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i do either 30ds twice one after other or bfbm depends on my mood
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Options
    Yes, Iost my first 15 pounds without added exercise on a 1500 calorie/day diet (MFP tried to put me on 1300). It was slow -- an average of .75 lb/wk if that.

I have since added in exercise 5x/wk in the last 6 weeks and my rate of loss has been higher and more consistent plus it's fun and I feel good doing it.

I'm the kind of person who needs to make changes very slowly in order for them to stick. I tried incorporating a walking routine at lunch when I first started and I didn't keep up with it. I had make logging the food and eating a controlled number of calories a daily habit before I threw yet another change into the mix. I'm sure a professional trainer or nutritionist would not have recommended that, but I know myself well enough to know that I wouldn't have kept up with it. I've since discovered Wii games that keep me active and are fun, and that was all the difference.
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My co-worker and I have been at this a month. I am eating 1500 cals and working out. She is just eating 1200 cals with no working out. I have lost 8 pounds or so and she has lost 14. But she has a lot more to lose than I do and I want to be toned too, not just thin. So yes, you can drop weight with diet alone but I'm not sure you'll like what you see in the mirror at then end. Maybe start with just diet and then add exercise later.
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight without exercise
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds before I started exercising. Had to get some weight off because of my knees. Try walking a little more than you usually do. This helps a lot. I added exercise to my plan after I could walk up and down a flight of stairs without holding on to the railing for leverage or balance. It took about 2 months, but I have to say it was probably the best decision I made.
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    When I started I was only interested in losing weight through calorie control. However I quickly found out the benefits of excercise - you feel great, knowing that it is doing your health the world of good, AND the benefit of it giving me more calories to eat in the day. My husband was never one for excercise and he is now got the bug and is training for a run in September.

Good luck with your journey.
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I know plenty of people who lose weight without exercising but it's much healthier to incorporate exercise. You will feel better. Trust me, this is coming from someone who does not enjoy going to the gym, but who enjoys how I feel afterward. Plus, you get to eat more :)
  • tausha_k
    Options
    It is possible to lose weight without exercise. My mom (64yrs old), lost 50 pounds just changing her diet. She is disabled and unable to exercise. I find her it be an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I lost my forst 10 without exercising, then I gained 3 back for some reason(still low cal eating). I started exercising the end of january and I feel so much better. Plus, I wanted to be able to eat more :laugh:
  • tammycod
    Options
    I too need to make small changes - one step at a time!! Got used to the calorie counting/logging everything so it becomes habit. Now starting the exercise regime.

Just bought a cross trainer - 20mins 3x a week to start, then will increase - hopefully be out running when the weather picks up!

:drinker:
  • 2012Sonya
    2012Sonya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 49 lbs without exercising and just eating very healthy foods in smaller potions. With that said... I am active. My job is very physical.

I plan on adding weights to my routine in the near future to tone up and for added strength.

Good luck :)