New to the site

Options
Hi All! I am new to this site. (I think I registered a while back but never really used it.) I was using weight watchers for a couple of years and getting no where so I decided to save my money and give this a try. I am 32 years old, married, I quit smoking 3 years ago and gained back all the weight I had lost before that. I am hoping to find some friends on here to help keep me motivated. I know that I have to want this, but it is nice to have people to talk to that are going through the same things. I would like to lose about 60 pounds so I have a long way to go, but I am ready to do it!

Anybody looking a weight loss buddy feel free to add me!

Replies

• Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi - pretty much same situation. I have 3 daughters and have about 4 stone to loose - will be here a while! Will send a friend request to you :flowerforyou:
  • ckarnes2000
    Options
    I’m 46 been using MFP for a couple of years, but not as consistently as I should. A couple of months ago I’ve recommitted to my weight loss journey. I’m looking to loss 50lbs. I’ll send a friend request, feel free to add me.
    Cindy
  • gracewin0910
    Options
    im grace and i heard about this site from my best friend! i signed up because i want to be in better shape. i only want to loose a few pounds and this seems like a healthy way to do it!
  • ValReaves
    ValReaves Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi...MFP has changed my life.. I have made it a part of my routine and I find as long as I track my food intake, and eat every 2-3 hours, the craving and hunger have disappeared. I have also focused on eating enough protein and drinking plenty of water. My weight loss has been slow and steady and the slight loosening of my clothes is a wonderful reward. Please feel free to add me---friends are so helpful for support and encouragement!
    Val :-)