I'm Not Losing...

Options
So I've lost 28 lbs so far (started mid Oct'11) with 130 more to go....but my losing has been nonexistent for the last 3 weeks. I've pushed myself to not get frustrated but now I'm starting to think something needs to be adjusted. It currently has my calorie max at 1860, which I thought would've allowed me to go much further before I needed to adjust it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm scared to continuously decrease my calories. Before I know it, it'll have me down to 1200 calories with LOTS more weight still to go. :(
Is my thinking wrong?? Exercise is not a real factor yet, so I know that it's not muscle weight. And yes, exercise WILL be part of the equation eventually. Just wanted to get a little more off so that exercising would be a little easier on my joints. Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. :)

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Took a quick look at your diary. I think you would benefit from eating a lot less take-out and packaged food, and more lean protein, fresh fruit and vegetables. Sometimes it's hard - I'm in a hotel with weekend, and my diary yesterday stank! And fresh food can be an acquired taste (but one worth acquiring). You will be able to eat so much more and still stay within your calories! You are absolutely correct that decreasing calories is not the answer. I think increasing the value you get from your calories will go a long way for you.
  • jdawson1
    Options
    Hi!
    I agree with the previous post. I try really hard to not eat a lot of carbohydrates. Most of mine come from fruit, veggies, oatmeal. I don't eat much breads, potatoes, pasta, chips, all the things I love most. I also try not to eat much sugar at all. I still lose pretty slowly. But it is coming off! Slow and steady win the race!
    If you are a religious/spiritual person, I am reading the book "Made to Crave." I really connected instantly with the woman who wrote it. I'm not a bible study person, but I love this book. It also has a daily devotional sidekick that I just ordered from Amazon.com
    Think chicken, fish, fruit, vegetables. One day at a time.....
    Hang in there!!! We can do this!!!!
  • cc32676
    cc32676 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions :)
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I looked at the past 5 days in your diary and I would suggest focusing on eating real food and staying away from fast food. Keep an eye on your sodium levels, too. I find that when I go over in sodium I have a hard time losing weight. Even things that have low calories like lean cuisine meals have a lot of sodium.
    Good luck and don't give up. You can do it!!