C-Section and Exercise

Options
Hello all,

If you had a c-section, I wonder if you feel tugs or cramping or tightness where the incision was - on the inside, not on the outside.

I had two c-sections. The most recent was 3 years ago. I healed fine according to the doctors and nothing is really wrong. But when I exercise or turn the wrong way (like if I roll over in bed wrong) sometimes it feels like the inside part of the scar is stretching or something. Most of my fat is there too - between my pelvic bone and below my belly button. I wonder if that's part of it - and if all that fat will ever go away. It can't all be scar tissue, right?

Does this happen to anyone else? Do you just ignore it?

Replies

• cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 c-sections, and I noticed that when I started working out, I got a burning sensation along the scar line. I suspect that the scar may have "stuck" or adhered and that the burning was stretching it out. It went away, so I wasn't too concerned. You may also have an adhesion. If it continues to bother you, then by all means check with a Dr.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I've also had two c-sections and I felt all sorts of tugging and pulling as I healed. I feel similar stretching sensations as I continue to work my core and I only think of those feelings as positive. With that said, the pain I felt was fairly mild and very short-lived. I'd ask your doctor if it continues to bother you.
  • shoeloveramber
    shoeloveramber Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections the most recent being 19 months ago. I also get that pulling sensation at times. My doctor said it is normal and is probably scar tissue stretching or maybe even adhesions that were forming being pulled apart.
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections and don't feel this. It has been 11 years since my last one though. It could be scar tissue. I'm sure it's nothing serious, but ask your doctor next time you see him/her. I do remember twitching where my incision was.
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections one 17 years ago and the other 11 years ago. It takes years for that to go away its almost like a fantom feeling!
    I am just now becoming un- numb in the incision area. That's a whole lot of layers they cut to get that baby out!