Kettlebell workout

Options
Hi everyone. I'm a new poster here at MFP. I recently began running using the couch to 5K training program. I just purchased a set of kettle bells and a DVD for working out at home on the days I don't run. As soon as I get hubby to show me how to use our DVD player I'll be able to get started (um yeah, He's got our entertainment stuff so customized and convoluted that I don't know how to use it without adult supervision....lol ) I'm excited to get started!

Replies

• small4me
    small4me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be outside running again by the end of March!! I keep looking at the kettle bells, but haven't got any yet. Let us know how the dvd is!!

I am glad I am the techno around here, and it is so basic!
  • Vernswifevickie
    Vernswifevickie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in Southern California so running outside can be pretty much year round. I will be happy when spring is here so that it will be daylight when I run. Yesterday it was raining so I ran on the treadmill at the gym. I haven't done that in a long time and I was struck by how hot and stuffy it felt in there! I'm training to be able to interval run a half marathon in September. I'd love to be able to run the whole thing but I am 53 years old and overcoming a lifetime of no real cardio training so we'll see how that goes. I'll be happy to be able run it in intervals.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I love my kettlebells. I watched the DVD and now I just do what I wnat while I am watching my favorite tv shows. I find that I do lose weight the day after a session.
  • Vernswifevickie
    Vernswifevickie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I did just the tutorial portion of the DVD....the part where you learn the moves. I did 10 reps of each movement with a 5 pound kettlebell and I was out of breath and glistening (girls don't sweat, we glisten) before I was done. This is going to be awesome!