what's the most difficult part of being healthy for you?

Options

Replies

• sthurst040262
    sthurst040262 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fitting it in when at work. I do 12 hour shifts cleaning so need to keep energy levels up. Find it difficult to drink at work apart from on breaks so know it will be a problem drinking 8 cups of water.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Every damn thing! Healthy is hard work, thats how you know its the right decision. Its easy to be fat and eat bad crap, anybody can do that!
  • sthurst040262
    sthurst040262 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I work in an environment where we arent allowed to drink whilst working. Water is available but it means leaving the job to go have some, really dificult.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    the most difficult part of being healthy for me is explaining to all my friends and family how i can still be losing weight while eating at minimum 2,500 calories a day and not cutting out things like carbs and sweets.
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love going out to eat and I love "good" beer and wine! I can't completely give them up so I try to limit myself to once weekly.
  • Luv2liv2luvusa
    Options
    Weekends!! During the week I have routine, but on weekends there is no regularity, making it hard to stay on track.
  • MProctor85
    Options
    The hardest thing for me is a tough one. I work where there is constantly junk food around. I'm a bread/pasta/dairy/sweets fanatic. I LOVE to cook and constantly crave the "fluffy" stuff :cry: . However I do drink between 8-12 cups of water a day beacuse I stay thirsty all the time.
  • silvercold9
    silvercold9 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As a college student living at home, I find it's easier for me to eat healthy on the weekends than when I have classes. On Mondays and Wednesdays I'm at school from 8:30-6:30 and it's really hard to find something good to eat- usually since I don't want to spend money, I'll bring a small snack, but I still get really hungry and end up overdoing it when I get home that night. I also need to break my addiction to caffeine. It's tough because being at school that long I need something for energy and without something healthy like fruit or granola I end up getting some coffee, which is probably just a bunch of empty calories :/

I also have trouble drinking a lot of water, but I've found lately that no matter how much I drink I start feeling dehydrated (mouth dry, parched, chapped lips) within a few hours. And the water at my college tastes TERRIBLE. Eww. Like rust.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Picking up heavy weights is one of the hardest things I do.
    In order to stay strong, I pick up heavy weights :)

You're supposed to put them back down dear.
  • Terrilee140
    Options
    For me Starting was the hardest part. But I'm feeling so much heather now it's getting easier. I read the book Choose to lose (carb cycling) hardest part is thinking up low carb dinners. as for water I freeze a 1/2 full liter water bottle and keep it with me all day I refill it when needed and I drink water with all meals..
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot is what's hardest for me.
  • bratius
    Options
    Portion control
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Picking up heavy weights is one of the hardest things I do.
    In order to stay strong, I pick up heavy weights :)

You're supposed to put them back down dear.

Ah right. I do. Pick them up and put them down. Repeat. Just like it says on the instructions label.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    For me it's the psychological part of it all. Emotionally I am going at it alone. Friends and family don't understand it, so in turn I get a lot of crap for it. :/ I can act like an emotionally disturbed child sometimes when I am frustrated or overwhelmed :P
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Making sure that I eat enough. When I am on a health kick, I tend to reduce my calories too much. But I know that healthier eating is a lifestyle change for my whole life, so I need to find a balance between not going overboard and not starving myself.

^^^ Me too!!!!
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    My biggest struggle is food. Not that i just sit and eat junkfood, but I can easily over-eat or go over my calories in healthy foods. It's been a struggle. I love working out, and that's easy. FOOD is my biggest struggle
  • wilkin777
    wilkin777 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Night eating me too...which is actually new to me in the last 4 months (?!) Don't know why I started but it sure is hard not to open the fridge at goodness knows what time : / That and I really enjoy good wine/ beer ...tricky ! : )

Oh and avocados. I know that they are super healthy but I'm sure you're not supposed to eat 4 in one day (it has been known) Tee hee : )
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    portion control is the worst thing..........sometimes I just want to eat the world :sad::laugh: but I substitute an Apple or a plate of salad :grumble: :laugh:
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    The food is the hardest part. I love healthy foods, but I struggle with a nasty flour/sugar addiction.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead and trying to feed a family at the same time. Trying to figure what I can eat (especially at meal time) and of course make that is

Healthy and balanced
    No too many calories
    Gluten Free (myself and 1 of my four children are celiacs)
    Appropriate for the family which includes
    1 vegetarian
    1 person who only eats smoked meats
    1 person who won't eat pork or beef
    3 people who like most meats

My youngest three are extremely active so they need a higher calorie diet. My too skinny daughter wants my naked salad instead of her chicken cutlet.