Options
2»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    @farmgirlsuz : I was so0o headed for the Red Velvet cake >=O glad I didin't

@Hilary75 : Ready. Set. Go!

Well it seems like the overall consensus seems to be that I'm not eating enough. #LightBulb!

I guess I misunderstood the way the MFP calorie counter works. I will try to eat more and see how the next few weeks go. Patience was never a virtue I was gifted with, but I'm trying.

THANKS GUYS. You are all amazing!

You should be eating 1000 - 1500 NET calories per day. Look at the table where your feed is and it will tell you what you've eaten NET. When you burn calories doing exercise you are using a lot more energy so you need to replenish your reserves. If your body doesnt get replenished, it thinks you are going to starve it and will hold on to fat for dear life. Especially doing such an intense workout like Insanity. OMG your body thinks you're trying to kill it....lol....so Its going to hang on for dear life! When you eat your body feels happy that its got enough food to survive, and then lets go.

Also, when you start a new workout regime, your body takes some time to adjust. At the moment its in a bit of a frenzy toning muscle, repairing muscle, storing glycogen to repair etc etc. You really need to look at the overall trend over 4 - 6 weeks.

Good luck, you're doing great! But this does require a large spoonful of patience with long term goals. And the less you have to lose, the harder it is........ :flowerforyou:
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Go to Reports, Nutrition, NET calories,

if your aren't up to the 1200 line, you aren't eating enough.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    At the top of this forum there is a thread that is called "Newbies Please Read Me (2nd Edition)" and there are several links within that thread that will help... especially the one about the girl trying to lose weight on a 700 calorie-a-day diet.
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    Options
    I have been here for almost 8 weeks and my scale has finally gone down !!!!!! It is very discouraging, but do not give up ! Take what people have said here with a grain of salt. Do what is good for you....not what others tell you to do. Including me !!!!!! I am being patient, eating healthy and excersizing. Stay focused !!!!