a bit frustrated.

Options
Hi everyone! I'm super frustrated. I've been exercising like a fiend, staying within my calorie goal and not going over in any of the sub-categories and trying to make sure I'm eating as healthy as I can.

AND I KEEP GAINING WEIGHT!!! Argh! I am on a birth control pill but have been for years so I feel it's not that. I'm not pregnant. The only thing I can say is I have been antibiotics almost constantly since January third because of dental surgeries. Has anyone ever gained weight or NOT been able to lose as a result of this?

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so frustrated I could scream ha!!

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Did you ask if the antibiotics you are on can interfere with your BCP? They often do. If that has been your only protection you may want to take a pregnancy test. Don't know if you would be gaining weight already, but it's probably a good idea to check.
  • Strodtbeckp
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. You may be gaining weight from developing muscle. Also be sure your cutting back carbs they turn in to sugar and then fat more than you realize.
  • JBaltusis
    Options
    I believe almost all antibiotics interfere. I'm definitely not pregnant, as I mostly use the BCP to control my insane cycle haha. Thanks for the advice though! Maybe I just have to change up my workout routine or something.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    You say you've been exercising "like a fiend" and staying within your calorie goal. What does that mean? How much within? Are you eating some of your exercise calories? Maybe you're not eating enough.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. You may be gaining weight from developing muscle. Also be sure your cutting back carbs they turn in to sugar and then fat more than you realize.

fail