laughed at,at work!!!

Options
nhendri
nhendri Posts: 236 Member
After Christmas I had made the decision to become heathy and fit. I have a 5 yr who had asked me why I was so tired all the time and why I couldnt play with her. It broke my heart!!! I was 215pds and could barely make it up the stairs without loosing my breath. I started a low carb diet and got down to 200pds but I realized I couldnt live that way and it wasnt the best for my health. So I started trying to eat healthy but struggled, untill I was told about mpf. I am now in full control and feel better then I have ever felt. I have also decided that its me who matters and not what others think about me!! Im a receptionist and cannot walk to far from my desk. So I started walking laps around the office where I could here my phone. People laughed and didnt understand but I didnt stop. I had this idea that I would bring my exercise ball to work and sit on it to help tone my core and help with my posture. I brought it in and started sitting on it. Everyone who walked past my chair would laugh or make crude comment, I just laughed with them. Then I started to get comments like thats a good idea and some of the other ladies in the office are bringing theirs in. Who got the last laugh:laugh: . I am just proud of myself I weighed my self and im at 190pds and know that im not done!! Thanks to everyone who posts I read everyday and have learned soo much and its helped to be educated!!!!

Replies

• nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    After Christmas I had made the decision to become heathy and fit. I have a 5 yr who had asked me why I was so tired all the time and why I couldnt play with her. It broke my heart!!! I was 215pds and could barely make it up the stairs without loosing my breath. I started a low carb diet and got down to 200pds but I realized I couldnt live that way and it wasnt the best for my health. So I started trying to eat healthy but struggled, untill I was told about mpf. I am now in full control and feel better then I have ever felt. I have also decided that its me who matters and not what others think about me!! Im a receptionist and cannot walk to far from my desk. So I started walking laps around the office where I could here my phone. People laughed and didnt understand but I didnt stop. I had this idea that I would bring my exercise ball to work and sit on it to help tone my core and help with my posture. I brought it in and started sitting on it. Everyone who walked past my chair would laugh or make crude comment, I just laughed with them. Then I started to get comments like thats a good idea and some of the other ladies in the office are bringing theirs in. Who got the last laugh:laugh: . I am just proud of myself I weighed my self and im at 190pds and know that im not done!! Thanks to everyone who posts I read everyday and have learned soo much and its helped to be educated!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You'll get the last laugh! Great job! :drinker:
  • Copswife0819
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep up the great work! :wink:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Wow, I find that so inspiring! I can't believe some people could be so cruel, but I am amazed that you ignored them and kept at it! Seriously, it's hard not to give in and let others put us down! I'm proud of you!
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :flowerforyou: Always remember, only you can take this journey and finish it. No one else can do it for you.:drinker: :drinker:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    You keep up the good work. I can't stand people who laugh at the expense of others.:noway: Thats not cool. I have also started walking around the office at lunch and thats how I got over my plateau. Im dropping weight again. It helps, they are just jealous.:wink:

You rock and don't let others get you down.:flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Good for you!!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I really hate when people are just so rude. Good for you for showing them that their pettiness doesn't matter to you and that only what YOU think is important! :flowerforyou:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    way to improvise there are always small things you can do
    the rest are just jealous they didn't think of it first

besides in the long run your the winner:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I never would have stuck it out under those circumstances - good for you!
    The more malicious people can be, the better it makes you feel to get the last laugh in. It is sad that people have to be like that, though.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Those who made fun were deep down probably jealous of your determination & commitment.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    We cannot control what other people do, we can only control how we react to it. You reacted appropriately and well, good job. :happy:
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great! Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • Road2Hotness
    Options
    Wow, that was an inspiring story. I really like the ball thing. I may just have to do that. My company has a fitness center and we have aerobic trainers that give classes 3 times a week so at least I don't have to go very far to grab one of those balls.....(ok so that didn't sound righ...:noway: ) but I'm sure you all got a good laugh!

Keep up the great work, you are doing fantastic!!!!!!!!!
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    Good for you! You showed them! Great job on the weight loss hun. :flowerforyou:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic that you stayed with your conviction. so many times we do/don't do things because of what other people think. great job inspiring others.
  • becomingv
    Options
    What a clever idea! You go girl!:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    that is freaking fantastic!! I LOVE that you are taking charge!

Thanks to you I asked my physical therapist for 2 rubber bands to bring with me to work. I can stand and do bicep curls, triceps, shoulder even use then for my squats!!

Thanks for posting your wonderful accomplishment!

Good luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, keep up the great work. You are doing awesome. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!