No more excuses for me :)

Options
Since January 1 I have only lost 4 pounds.. that I have gained back and lost again. I just realized I am making excuses. I just quit smoking so its harder.... Saying My bf can eat what he wants so he's sabotaging me. these are just excuses!! When it comes down to it its all on me. I know how to lose the weight. I love working out that's not an issue at all its my eating! time to change for good no more gaining and losing! I have been fluctuating 20 pounds for over 8 years. I am short so that 20 pounds is a lot for me!

If you are going through similar things and are sick of it add me.. The more motivation the better!!

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Nice to see no more excuses! Quiting smoking does play with your weight. Not getting that stimulant all the time... Yeah. And having a saboteur doesn't mean you can't ignore or improve that situation! Good for you!

I have a million and one excuses myself. Would love to have someone call me out when I try to use them!
  • Shelley18904
    Shelley18904 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on no more excuses :-)

I started trying to lose weight again on January 1st after losing 3 stone successfully last year but this year has been one excuse after another - I had lost 5lb but put 2lb back on last week. So since Thursday, there are no more excuses for me - I'm back on track. No cheat days, no weekends off, just hard work, planning my days in advance and restricting myself to treats I have earnt rather than just because I want them. Have had 4 days of being good so far and am feeling really good for it..

Will add you now, always good to have more people to help motivate each other!
  • Dbaratta1
    Options
    Bobie you are doing great. I think if you add more strength training you will see better results!!!! Keep going you look good!
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Definitely need more strength!!
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Women defintely shouldn't fear weight lifting! You don't need heavy weights, but increased muscle, increases metabolism and makes permanent weight loss easier over the long haul. Keep at it !