Eat before or after exercsing

Options
I have a ? I have a two block in my day where I can go and workout and eat lunch. I go to a gym called curves so my workout is 30min, my ? is should I eat my lunch before I go and work out or after?
Danielle

Replies

• moonchild6984
    Options
    I have a ? I have a two block in my day where I can go and workout and eat lunch. I go to a gym called curves so my workout is 30min, my ? is should I eat my lunch before I go and work out or after?
    Danielle
  • leeannclark
    Options
    Hi! Some people will tell you it's best to work out an empty stomach, that you burn fat 300 % faster but talking to personal trainers, I have been told that working out anytime is good! Just so you're moving and getting your heart rate up you can't go wrong. Good luck!!
  • jreeves1
    Options
    it's good to eat something small before a workout for energy. Also, my personal trainer told me to ALWAYS eat something after you work out. I have a protein shake I keep in my car that I drink right after I leave the gym. It's like 100 calories. You should stick to protein.
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I agree about trying to break it up if you can. I get really sick if I eat too much before I exercise, but I need to have something in my stomach, nuts are a good quick snack you can use as a boost.
    Eating afterwards is important, but I alway have to wait awhile to get my apetite back as well. I think it also makes me more conscious of what I am eating if I eat after I work out-- it is easier for me to make a good choice because I don't want to ruin the hard work I just put in!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    It is ideal to eat something small about an hour before working out so you can sustain your energy level and then you should eat some type of complex carbs within an hour of working out to help with recovery.
  • jreeves1
    Options
    I agree about trying to break it up if you can. I get really sick if I eat too much before I exercise, but I need to have something in my stomach, nuts are a good quick snack you can use as a boost.
    Eating afterwards is important, but I alway have to wait awhile to get my apetite back as well. I think it also makes me more conscious of what I am eating if I eat after I work out-- it is easier for me to make a good choice because I don't want to ruin the hard work I just put in!
    I didn't drink my shake one time after my workout because I didn't have much calories left for the day & I will never do that again. I became so fatigued & low energy. I almost made myself sick.