MFP Runners Club 4/9

Options
Howdy all you runners out there.

Did a very slow 3 miles today. (50 minutes) I ran with the slowest person in our group to keep her company since I am injured. Tried to push her along and do a little more but some people already think they are pushing themselves. Oh well, I can only be a motivator to a degree.

No more running for me until Sunday. Going to do a run on a softer surface and see how far I can get. Have a great run everyone.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Howdy all you runners out there.

Did a very slow 3 miles today. (50 minutes) I ran with the slowest person in our group to keep her company since I am injured. Tried to push her along and do a little more but some people already think they are pushing themselves. Oh well, I can only be a motivator to a degree.

No more running for me until Sunday. Going to do a run on a softer surface and see how far I can get. Have a great run everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Sherry, glad to see you're out and about. Aren't you supposed to be taking it easy? Hope you are on the mend soon.
    6.6 mile tempo run today - new (fast) running partner in the group, so we have picked up the tempo over the past couple of weeks. Great run.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I haven't run yet. It is spring break and my daughter is home from school. We've been out shopping all morning.

The way I've been eating today - I'll be sure to run for 20 minutes with the girls I coach tonight. Otherwise, I'll be eating a 300 calorie dinner.:laugh:

-Kechie. :heart:
  • SherryRH
    Options
    Sherry, glad to see you're out and about. Aren't you supposed to be taking it easy? Hope you are on the mend soon.

That's why it took me 50 minutes to run 3 miles. :laugh:

On easy days I run about a 10 minute mile when I feel healthy. The leg actually feels good today but I won't push it. I promise. The Philadelphia Broad Street (10M) run is only 3 weeks away. I haven't registered yet though. I have already paid for 1 race this year that I didn't run and that really stinks!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I donated blood yesterday, so took it easy today as well - ran 3.5 miles in about 40 minutes after an easy 65 minute swim.

Will have my long run on Saturday - 10 miles. Gearing up for a half on May 2nd.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I'm actually sore, for some reason, from my run yesterday. My entire body. So I'm taking off today. I'll be getting my Polar Bra today, so I'm excited to run again tomorrow!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! 8 miles for me today!
  • SherryRH
    Options
    I'll be getting my Polar Bra today, so I'm excited to run again tomorrow!

What is a Polar Bra?
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    no running for me today, but I did a 1.5 hour bike ride with my husband, his big boss, and a few of the people in his unit
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Seven miles today outside. YAY! What a great day.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    3.25 mile easy run this AM. Last run til Saturday!! :bigsmile:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting my Polar Bra today, so I'm excited to run again tomorrow!

What is a Polar Bra?

I was going to ask the very same thing....do they keep the girls from bouncing too much, because I'd spend money on a bra that does that, i'm 5'3 113 pounds with a DD cup. :noway: ....it's freaking insane, they get in the way all the time!! Please let meknow about the bra! :laugh: :happy: and today was a non running day, but I taught 2 yoga classes and a body sculpt and hopped on the eliptical for a half hour.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I played basketball for an hour then did pretty fast 2 mile run (for me! haha - I pushed myself).

I am a 36C and I wear 2 sports bras. I used to not do that, but now, I feel nekkid if I don't when I'm balling or running.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    5 miles on the treadmill. Felt great. I really miss running while we're doing p90x. Thankfully by the time the weather warms up, we'll be done with round 1.

I'm guessing a polar bra is the one that has slits for the heartrate monitor to go through so you don't have to wear the strap. I could be wrong though.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Just did 8.5, I went out planning on not going very far but I felt good so I kept going, don't you just love when that happens?! Day off tomorrow, getting ready for 21 miles on saturday, marathon just around the corner!

~Leash :heart:
  • girlie1
    girlie1 Posts: 46
    Options
    Just did 8.5, I went out planning on not going very far but I felt good so I kept going, don't you just love when that happens?! Day off tomorrow, getting ready for 21 miles on saturday, marathon just around the corner!

~Leash :heart:

Good luck in your marathon!

I ran 3 today because I started P90X with 2 of the coaches at the high school today. It really kicked my a** and I thought I was in pretty good shape:grumble:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 of Week 3 of the Couch to 5K with son. Easing back into running after a great 10K on Sunday. Must have still been in race mode though because son kept asking why our pace was faster than normal.:tongue:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Join us on our new post dated 4/10.:smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

I ran 3 today because I started P90X with 2 of the coaches at the high school today. It really kicked my a** and I thought I was in pretty good shape:grumble:

Good for you!! Let me know if you have any questions. I thought I was in good shape before P90X too... just give yourself 90 days! :bigsmile:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Join us on our new post dated 4/10.:smile:

Did the run on Thursday and was late posting that's why I put it on 4/9:wink: