8 months > 122 lbs down -- in-progress pics 21m 5'10" (370-

Options
Before: URohJ.jpg

Current: aSCBj.jpg

Starting this journey I never planned on doing before/afters but along the way I warmed up to the idea, and even though I'm not at my goal yet, I pulled in a 6.2lb loss this week and thought what the heck I'll do some in-progress pics.

I'm hoping to fit into some XL tees soon, I have/had to wear these plain black/blue tees (3XL in the first 2 pics, 2XL in the rest) because they're the only ones I could find that fit and were tall enough at the same time.

I can really attribute my (ongoing)success to MyFP, I've been fat my entire life and tried so many diets but ultimately failed. Then I started counting calories -- made easier by MyFP obviously -- and it was off from there. I saw it at a numbers game rather than a diet at that point, over these 8 months I learned a lot about my body and how to get the most out of it and how it works.

So, for the first 5-ish months I was eating 1,500-1,700 calories and although doing cardio/strength every day except sundays, it wasn't the best I could do. Earlier this month I really stepped up my game, increasing exercises to 1,200 calories burned (best guess) and consuming 1,200-1,300 calories. Over this time I've added a considerable amount of muscle from strength training Monday-Wednesdays-Friday and then cardio on Tuesdays-Thursdays-Saturdays.

My original goal was 200, but the closer I get down to that number I think I might want to go down to 190, I'll have to see as I get closer.

June 11th, a month before my 21st birthday, I truly believe I grew up mentally. I've been obese my entire life, and I was done with it. I had enough. Ever since then, I haven't had an unplanned cheat meal or a day off from exercise (other than Sundays).

tl;dr -- Discovered MyFP on 6/11/11, visited it every day since

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!