Entering exercises

Options
Can someone please let me know how to post exact exercises with the correct calories burned? It only shows cardio and it is frustrating me! Today I added strength training (because it is the only option as far as I can see) with cardio added and on my home page it only showed the cardio minutes and calories.

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew! I'll keep an eye on this one.
    bump
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    I get a bit frustrated because I see others who post the exact exercise routine they did! I have asked a few people but got no response.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You can make your own exercises, MFP doesn't show strength training calories because there are too many variables to be anywhere near accurate. If you know how many calories, click create your own exercise and do it that way.

I make my own exercises for Jillian Michaels and Insanity because I have a HRM (and therefore know how many calories I burn) and don't want to just put circuit training in.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    I made up my own many times but it won't post for some reason like it would if I put cardio. I have all different exercises added and none of it will post. It also will not show calories. Maybe I am an idiot! haha
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You need to make it up as a cardio exercise rather than a strength one I think? Only the cardio seems to show up