Gong to Vegas

Options
Hi i'm going to Vegas at the end of march. How do I stay on track while in Vegas

Replies

• ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    In Vegas or while you are waiting to go?
  • bluenightfires
    Options
    while I'm in Vegas
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    How long will you be there?
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Options
    You don't!!! Just remember what goes in vegas stays in vegas!! I got married out there last year absolutely love it out there.
    Just enjoy your holiday and get back to it when you return>
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    You don't!!! Just remember what goes in vegas stays in vegas!! I got married out there last year absolutely love it out there.

I would agree with this if it were only a day or two, but if OP is spending like a week out there, one can do a lot of damage in a week. That long off track could be hard to recover from...i.e. lingering cravings, etc.
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options

I don't intend to stick to as strict a plan when I go to Montana in July...but I will log my menu. I'll get back on the wagon when I get back to the grind.
  • bluenightfires
    Options
    we will be ther for a week I think the best I can do is just make good choices and don't beat myself up if a slip
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Just make good choices. I just went for 3 days and didn't worry about it too much. Just have a good time. :drinker:
  • Rachyroo21
    Options
    I went to Vegas for 5 days in December and this is why i'm now on this site! Portion sizes aren't too bad, it was more what I ate that was the problem.
  • Moviedust
    Options
    Just try not to go crazy when you are there, I went to Vegas last year and gained maybe a couple of pounds, but most of it was salt intake too (I don't eat much salt at home so it kills me when I am traveling). Also make good choices, have a salad with dressing on the side and get something with protein and light sauces if you are dealing with pastas (maybe a tomato sauce too). You can always take it back to the hotel room and get a mini fridge and heat it up the next day too. Personally I have the half diet, whatever I don't eat I give to my hubby lol, good thing he's tiny.
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    I think the biggest thing to watch out for is the drinks. You can consume a TON of calories from drinks alone. Walk the strip as much as you can instead of taking a cab. It's a good hike from one hotel to the next...try eating a salad with dressing on the side with each meal and maybe water with lemon instead of soft drinks or mixed drinks with your meals. You could probably eliminate a ton of cals just doing those things alone. Does your hotel have a gym?
  • stuey39
    Options
    Just because portion sizes are huge it don't mean you got to eat it all, we went for the buffet option most of the time as they cater for all tastes and are excellent value for money and you can select your own portions. I was still very much eating like a pig at the time but due to all the walking up and down the strip I only gained approx 6lb in the week we were there.

Have fun :)
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of walking!!!! I didnt gain too much as it was so frigging hot it just seemed to sweat out of me :laugh:
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The best advise that I can give (as I live in Vegas) watch portion size, make healthy choices, drink lots of water and walk, walk walk. Pay close attention to food items on the menus and don't be afraid to ask for a lighter version. As another poster, drinks have many hidden calories, so try to limit them. And most of all log what you eat and drink even if you go over. Enjoy your time here in Vegas!
  • ishallnotwant
    Options
    If you want a great (custom made) sub sandwich for a light lunch one day, try the deli on Fremont street. It's a little mom and pop shop-we heard rave reviews about it all over town, so we had to try it. Their subs are delicious! I think it's called family deli. It's right next to a delicious Cuban restaurant on the slightly seedy end of Fremont. Don't walk there alone after dark. :laugh:

I prefer Fremont street to the strip. It has an old fashioned charm to it, you don't see as many strung out zombie people at 5a.m., and I like the Golden Nugget's shark filled 'Dive Pool'.
  • stuey39
    Options
    If you want a great (custom made) sub sandwich for a light lunch one day, try the deli on Fremont street. It's a little mom and pop shop-we heard rave reviews about it all over town, so we had to try it. Their subs are delicious! I think it's called family deli. It's right next to a delicious Cuban restaurant on the slightly seedy end of Fremont. Don't walk there alone after dark. :laugh:

I prefer Fremont street to the strip. It has an old fashioned charm to it, you don't see as many strung out zombie people at 5a.m., and I like the Golden Nugget's shark filled 'Dive Pool'.

This:) Yes Yes Yes and more Yes's awesome area of Vegas! We going back in December for my 40th and staying the Golden Nugget, cannot wait!!!
  • ishallnotwant
    Options

This:) Yes Yes Yes and more Yes's awesome area of Vegas! We going back in December for my 40th and staying the Golden Nugget, cannot wait!!!

The Plaza had a Rat Pack tribute show last time I went. I don't know if they are still doing it, but i'm *dying* to go see it!!! A little tiny glimpse of the Vegas my grandparents knew and loved. :heart:
  • Pebbles536
    Options
    Log log log! Walk as much as possible, Hit the hotel gym before the days activities, and moderation, just have fun.

Remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!:drinker:

I'm going in September! Good luck!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I walked literally from Mandalay Bay to Circus Circus every day for the four days I was there last summer. I'm from NorCal so the heat didn't bother me so much. I tried making healthy choices but it was pretty much impossible, so I just walked.
  • stuey39
    Options

The Plaza had a Rat Pack tribute show last time I went. I don't know if they are still doing it, but i'm *dying* to go see it!!! A little tiny glimpse of the Vegas my grandparents knew and loved. :heart:

December will be our 7th time out there and we've never done a show! Criminal really of all places to go and not do it, we always seem to get caught up in other things and distractions on the strip. We will def be doing a show this time- only problem there's so many to choose from!