Not going to be Fat and 40

Options
Am just starting another year of my weight loss journey - have managed to lose 2st over the last year but now have a year to go until I hit 40 and still need to lose 7st - have changed from Slimming World to a Calorie Counting diet which is based on the Eating Clean regime and going to try to treat myself with a lot more respect.

Have some great friends through Twitter who are a great support group and they suggested I join here and give it a go

Kathleen

Replies

• feline76
    feline76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathleen.
    Just started this myself as I just had my 36th Birthday and need to lose some pounds and get fit. I even walked up 12 flights of stairs at work to try and do some exercise! Nearly killed me!!
    Good luck to you,

Helen :)
  • feline76
    feline76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    By the way this picture was last year, and its my aim :)
  • peckle123
    peckle123 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    40 this year and looking to loss weight , love this site and all the support i have recieved , feel free to add me
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I am Monti, I am brand new to this site and I am hoping that after a life long battle with weight that I can finally commit to losing weight and getting healthier. I have several reasons to lose weight, some are good and some are bad, but either way I need to make a change. I am severely unhappy with my life. I feel so tired all the time and I am a masseuse and that is a physically demanding job and I hate trying to massage someone and I am trying not to pant and I am pouring the sweat. I have got so many comments about my sweating, it is embarrassing and hurtful. I don't feel good about my image at all, and I don't think I look professional, and my pants wont stay up because I have no butt and too much tummy and I have to buy clothes that are big enough to accommodate said tummy. And I want curves not rolls. I feel very unhealthy. I have been overweight my entire life and it was a struggle enough, and then in a matter of a little over a year I gained 30 lbs due to a very stressful job, and the fact that I worked across from a grocery store and was not getting enough business to keep my busy did not help matters. I happen to know what my biggest problems are that are standing in my way, but after I spent a long time typing them out, I realized that you all probably don't want to read them, it is more like a novel. So I am guessing it is a good thing that I can pin point the stuff that is bothering me. I watch "I Used to be Fat" and that is a large part of recovery and weight loss is knowing what the cause is so you can nip it in the bud. I wish I could afford someone to help me, I have trouble making myself do things I don't want to do unless I HAVE TO do them. I really need a support system. I only have 2 people that are trying to lose weight the same time as me, my mom and best friend. I never get to see them much so I thought it would be cool to make some new friends and we can write eachother and root eachother on :) Best of luck to all of you!
  • LisaH1231
    LisaH1231 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just reading through the posts and I can relate to many of the stories. I have struggled with my weight since the birth of my children...what is sad is that my youngest is 17. I am the queen of yo-yo dieting. I lose 10 pounds and then I gain 20 etc. Enough is enough, I am tired of being self concious about my weight and not having energy.

Looking for a just a few friends that can help keep me motivated and keep me going.

:blushing:
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    good luck to you - we can do this and is good to have the support that is on this site.

Kathy
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    Hi Monti,

We can all be a support to each other - we can do this together.

Have sent you a friend request

Kathy
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy

I turned 39 about 3 weeks ago and I too want to reach my goal before I'm 40.

Good luck in your journey, you've do great so far.
  • AS13212
    AS13212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I turned 39 2 weeks ago. I have only 7lb to lose to get to my goal but I have been stuck at 10st for the last year so need to do something to push things on. I don't exercise so am going to take up walking to try & boost things. I definitely don't want to be fat at 40.
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in September and in 2011 I managed to shift 16 kilos with MFP - with exactly the same in mind, I will be slim before I'm 40.

Just working on those last pesky pounds now....
  • Avondaleloi
    Avondaleloi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 41 have been on the weight loss program for 3 weeks; I started from 173 lbs and now its down to 162 lbs, lost 11 lbs. My goal is to reach 125 lbs, I need friends to help me keep going. Please feel free to add me. Happy Valentine's day!:heart:
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also 40yrs old and have approx.40lbs to lose.. I have been on this site since June and I love all of the motivation and support I have recevied. I love to talk about health and fitness and the products that are working great for me. Here is a little about me. I had a complete hysterectomy in my early 30's. I never had weight issues till about the age of 35. Now it takes FOREVER to lose 1lb. But I am very determined and I am giving myself 1 year to reach my goal. I do not take any hormone replacement medicine and know that my hormones are probably out of whack but I do not like to take meds, plus I feel great!!!
    I am very determined to reach my goals and to help others reach theirs. If anyone is looking for someone to help motivate them with and does not mind motivating me aswell please add me!!!!!
    Thanks
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    40 in november, decided that I'm done being overweight. Been eating healthy for last four-five years, I just eat a lot. Worked out like crazy for most of my 30's just to not gain more weight. Tore an Achilles tendon, that sort of destroyed my exercise regimen. Started with a goal of losing 74 lb. (249 start), no regimens, no programs (to give up), I just simply stick to the MFP daily calorie allowance. So far its been going better than I thought, only one or two days I felt hunger cravings, and those days I exercised to "earn" the food I ate as extra :)
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    OK the 39th birthday has now been and gone and am into the final year before 40 - have had my naughty few days for my birthday and today is the first day of my quest to be fit and 40 not fat and 40
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hi im trying to be fit n 50, im 50 this sep i lost 6 pound before i came on here and ive lost 4 on here, ive found it very helpful, good luck, feel free to add me. x
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oooh snap, will be 40 in December have lost 2 stone and now need to lose the last 8...eeek! I too have swtiched from Slimming World to a calorie controlled diet as although SW does work it doesn't address the issue of overeating which is a large part of my problem so I'm kind of enjoying what 'normal' sized portions should look like!
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I turned 39 2 weeks ago. I have only 7lb to lose to get to my goal but I have been stuck at 10st for the last year so need to do something to push things on. I don't exercise so am going to take up walking to try & boost things. I definitely don't want to be fat at 40.

I dream of being 10 stone......
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    well done for losing 2st, that is what I lost over the last year, and I still have 7st to go - I know I am unlikely to lose all of that before I am 40 but going to try and get as much as possible - I am the same as you, Slimming World does work, but I always had huge portions so finding smaller portions but keeping the idea behind SW of lots of vege's