soda cake/carrot?

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
I've been thinking about making a cake for work tomorrow but I was wondering if I can use carrot cake mix with a diet coke. Any of you tried it? Or maybe with another type of soda...please let me know!! Any other suggestions? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    Options
    I've been thinking about making a cake for work tomorrow but I was wondering if I can use carrot cake mix with a diet coke. Any of you tried it? Or maybe with another type of soda...please let me know!! Any other suggestions? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You can substitute apple sauce for sugar :smile: Or "No Pudge" brownies are always a hit instead.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not mija.
    Maybe vanilla or root beer soda?... Not sure about the rootbeer.. not a fan of it. How about just diet pepsi?

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • findingtina
    findingtina Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My Mom always used a clear soda like 7up
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I bet diet rootbeer would be excellent with a carrot cake. Haven't tried it though.
  • ohrscarlet
    Options
    I have it with pumkin before and you can't even taste the pumpkin. It is excellent :smile:
  • alf1163
    Options
    I am going to try it with pumpkin, I forgot about that. I have made the devil's food cake with the pumpkin and it is absolutely perfect. I bought whipped cream cheese frosting because I did not have time to think of a healthy frosting recipe that was not cool whip. I will let you know how they turn out. I have never made a cake with the soda so I did not want to risk it this time. :laugh: Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    I ended up making them with pure pumpkin. They were a hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :wink: