Favorite funny typos

Options
Frost
Frost Posts: 312 Member
I was reading posts on Freecycle. Somone had: Offer: empty wine bottles-Good for home wire bottling.:happy:

My all time favorite typo was a sign at Goodwill. There were some metal rollaway beds with a sign that read: Mental Beds. :laugh:

Have any to share?

Replies

• Frost
    Options
    I was reading posts on Freecycle. Somone had: Offer: empty wine bottles-Good for home wire bottling.:happy:

My all time favorite typo was a sign at Goodwill. There were some metal rollaway beds with a sign that read: Mental Beds. :laugh:

Have any to share?
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    It isn't a typo, but a coworker asked me about the earthquakes in Italy.

"How is the leaning pizza tower?"

She was serious, and didn't realize why I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ABC country style reasteraunt had a sign up advertizing one of their specials can't remember what but the sign read

Come and try what we've been smoking

needless to say it didn't stay up long
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I saw a real estate for sale sign the other day that read "Price Redused"

Yesterday I saw a hand written want ad posted in a store that said "Nany wanted'. I hope they are also hiring spelling tutors for their kids because the parents obviously won't be of any help.:laugh:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I saw an ad on Craigslist that was selling little girls' clothes it said "Lots of Little girls olphets" I think they meant outfits.

What I hate, is when I see typos in the newspaper! Isn't that was editors are for????

Memaw
  • Frost
    Options
    It isn't a typo, but a coworker asked me about the earthquakes in Italy.

"How is the leaning pizza tower?"

She was serious, and didn't realize why I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

So glad I had swallowed my tea when I read this or I think I would have snorted it all over my monitor!
  • Frost
    Options
    There was a late show that used to show funny newspaper ads...I think it was Jay Leno.
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    There was a late show that used to show funny newspaper ads...I think it was Jay Leno.

yeah he still does it. lol its one of my favorite parts haha
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Not typos, but I love these website names! Check them out:

http://top10kid.com/2008/07/21/top-10-unintentionally-funny-websites/

I used to live/work in San Francisco and they actually had the Tahoe website plastered on the Muni buses. I nearly crashed the first time I saw it :laugh:
  • cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    My freshman year in high school, there was an ad for yearbook sales, that said "Buy Your Yearbook"
    And then, below that "Before Their all Gone"
    So my friends and I went on a mission to fix all the signs, and replace "Their" with "They're"
    And then the yearbook teacher came up and reported us to the principal for "defacing school property."
    Well, the principal used to be an English teacher, and, needless to see, he agreed with us, and we got an early release to lunch the next day for being such good students.

Don't mess with nerds. :glasses:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    not really typos per say ... but funny none the less...

funny_signs_004.jpg

funnysign05.jpg
    funny_signs_8.jpg