Vegetarian/Vegan friends, what do you track?

Options
Just wanted to know what everyone tracks in their macros.

I track calories, carbs, fat, protein, iron, and sodium
I really need to watch my protein in take because it wasn't until recently where I've started meeting my daily goal and I was feeling very lack luster.

What do you track?

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I track all of those, except I do sugar instead of sodium.
    I eat almost all natural foods, so I never have to worry about sodium, but I have to watch my sugar because I almost always go way over from fruit.
  • abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Protein, calcium, iron and sugar.
  • ambeer2
    ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Aside from calories, I track protein, iron, fiber, sugar and sodium. I've had problems getting my fill of protein, too, but I try to take it easy on the soy products.
  • chiv123
    Options
    Same as you! If I could fit in one more it would be potassium. I take an iron supplement if there are a couple of days in a row that I'm under.
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty bad about it. I track calories and protein, and take daily iron and B12 supplements. Need to pay more attention to calcium.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I track Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Iron and Sugar, at the moment I would like to be tracking fibre as well but need to keep an eye on my sugar. I was tracking sodium but was always coming in way under so decided that there were more important things to keep an eye on.
  • Purplelynny
    Options

I really need to watch my protein in take because it wasn't until recently where I've started meeting my daily goal and I was feeling very lack luster.

What do you track?

I am veggie and I too am really struggling to get my daily quota of protein. Where are you managing to get it from? I take iron tabs to keep that up, but any advice would be appreciated!!
  • peaceinside
    Options
    On my computer I track Fat, Carbs, Cholesterol, Sodium. But on my phone app I can see everything so I check that constantly.
    Peace! :flowerforyou:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Calories, carbs, fat, protein, sodium, fiber. Thinking of getting rid of fat and replacing it with something else.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options

What do you track?

I am veggie and I too am really struggling to get my daily quota of protein. Where are you managing to get it from? I take iron tabs to keep that up, but any advice would be appreciated!!

If you want to look at my diary, it's public :) But honestly, greek yogurt, egg, almonds, and soy products...but I try not to eat a lot of processed soy because of sodium. Take a look around and hopefully it will help.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Calories, protein, fat, fiber, sodium and iron.
  • Purplelynny
    Options
    Fab, thanks for that...
  • alaw1119
    alaw1119 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    calories, fat, protein, carbs, iron, calcium on here but I look at my app a lot and can see all of them
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I really just focus on protein and calories. I check on sodium and the daily distribution of calories from fat, protein, and carbs but I don't worry about them too much. Sometimes I let myself go a little over in calories if I have a big craving for more fresh greens or a veggie juice.
  • Kimharbath
    Options
    I track everything except non-carb vegetables and I eat all of those I want.
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options
    I usually track everything, but I think the most important to track is fat, protein, and calories. I tend to ignore the carbs and sugars because I have a pretty high fruit intake and I know that they will go over the MFP recommended value. But with the fat and protein, I tend to feel really sluggish if I eat too much.
  • Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Everything, cals, carbs, fiber, protein, sugar, sodium, etc. I am pretty much always over on sugar because of my sweet tooth and love of meal bars which tend to have a lot of sugar in them, I go over on carbs every so often too. I get my fill of fiber and protein fine (from apples and peanut butter, almonds, Boca chikn patties, etc) I just need to get my sugar intake way down I just can't seem to do that :o
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    calories, and the big three
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks guys :D
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You guys are so good....I watch calories and totally ignore the rest. :indifferent:

It would stress me out to worry about every macronutrient. I over-analyze things too much as is. Plus, I don't think it makes since to worry about them too much because I don't know how correct the recommendations are in the first place!

I mean, I read labels and avoid things that are high in fat, sugar, or sodium, but I don't track them or keep tabs on them.

I'm willing to bet I still eat too much sugar and salt. Even though I don't eat very much processed foods, I love salt and probably add too much to my recipes. But, I read story years ago about this little boy who wanted salt all the time and the doctor told his parents that he was eating too much and they should restrict it, then he DIED because he had some rare disease that made his body require way more salt that a normal person! I know that's totally anecdotal and I can't cite a source or anything - it's just been my excuse for enjoying too much salt! Ha!

No bad check-ups for me yet.....:happy:

Hmmmmm....maybe that's something to work on once I've reached goal weight and am in maintenance. Just too much for now!!!!!

But, good job guys!!!!