My wedding dress fitting......

Options
kellch
kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
Ok......sooooooo......some of you know this already. But I haven't been around much so I thought I'd fill the rest of you in. :flowerforyou:

Last Saturday, I went in for my first dress fitting. When I bought my dress a year ago I couldn't even zip it up the rest of the way on my own.:ohwell: Last Saturday, the lady said I had gone down two dress sizes th_happy0005.gif I had tried on the dress the night before and thought to myself...wow, all that work and I still look fat in my dress. :sad: BUT when she had it all pinned back and I saw how it would look, altered, I actually was happy with the way I look! :bigsmile: :drinker: th_yipee.gif I need to start tanning now though :embarassed: And I could use some toning up, but that takes time. I am very excited and happy with the results. As for now, I will be maintaining and still working out but not trying to lose anymore until after the wedding. Actually, even then, its not about numbers on the scale anymore it's about looks in the mirror. Toning is going to be the toughest part for me. I enjoy aerobics but not too into the strength training thing :grumble: But I am determined to do it:drinker: :smokin:

Anyhow, it may cost me about $350 bucks for these alterations...but it is well worth it to me :drinker:
It showed me how much progress I have really made. :bigsmile:

The End.
th_smalldancingman.gif

Replies

• kellch
    Options
    Ok......sooooooo......some of you know this already. But I haven't been around much so I thought I'd fill the rest of you in. :flowerforyou:

Last Saturday, I went in for my first dress fitting. When I bought my dress a year ago I couldn't even zip it up the rest of the way on my own.:ohwell: Last Saturday, the lady said I had gone down two dress sizes th_happy0005.gif I had tried on the dress the night before and thought to myself...wow, all that work and I still look fat in my dress. :sad: BUT when she had it all pinned back and I saw how it would look, altered, I actually was happy with the way I look! :bigsmile: :drinker: th_yipee.gif I need to start tanning now though :embarassed: And I could use some toning up, but that takes time. I am very excited and happy with the results. As for now, I will be maintaining and still working out but not trying to lose anymore until after the wedding. Actually, even then, its not about numbers on the scale anymore it's about looks in the mirror. Toning is going to be the toughest part for me. I enjoy aerobics but not too into the strength training thing :grumble: But I am determined to do it:drinker: :smokin:

Anyhow, it may cost me about $350 bucks for these alterations...but it is well worth it to me :drinker:

The End.
    th_smalldancingman.gif
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyyy Kellch!!!!!!

I am so proud!!!

When I'm all done, I'm going to schlep my wedding dress out of the closet. My goal puts me at my wedding weight-- fingers crossed!!!

You're coming down the home stretch-- these are such exciting times for you-- I hope you're enjoying every moment of it!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Post some pics, chickie!!! :love:
  • kellch
    Options
    Yayyyyyyyyyy Kellch!!!!!!

I am so proud!!!

When I'm all done, I'm going to schlep my wedding dress out of the closet. My goal puts me at my wedding weight-- fingers crossed!!!

You're coming down the home stretch-- these are such exciting times for you-- I hope you're enjoying every moment of it!!

:flowerforyou:

Thank you! :flowerforyou: Yup time is flyin by :smokin: Exciting, yet, nerveracking :smokin:

And you're doin great girl, keep it up! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Kellch!!!!! You are Queen Awesome!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options
    Post some pics, chickie!!! :love:

I didn't take any :ohwell: I went by myself since all my bridesmaids are in OH :sad: :sad: :sad:

When I go back to try it on, maybe I'll have the lady at David's Bridal snap a pic for my favorite people here :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :smooched:

But I'll have to delete them so Steve doesn't see em :glasses:

:laugh:

There will be a lot of pics after the wedding of the wedding :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Kellch!!!!! You are Queen Awesome!!!!:flowerforyou:
    :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Awwwww shucks! Why Thank you! :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options

What work outs are you doing??? and diet?
  • taylorgirl
    Options
    CONGRADS! On the wedding and dress! For tonning...weights and more weights! The order in which they should be done is: Chest and Triceps / Back and Biceps / Ab and Oblique Cruches (with and without weights) for mid and sides. Over the past year I trimmed down mucho inches using weights. If you go to a gym use the equipment that caters to those areas. High impac Aerobics is good for getting the weight off.. but for tonning weights or even better check out a booth camp or slow aerobics were you are using your body and strength for fine tunning!!!
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options

The End.
    th_smalldancingman.gif

YAY!!! Congratulations!!!

Alterations are so expensive... but it definitely takes a lot of the sting out of it when you know that they are busy taking it in!!!

I'm very excited for you! You are going to be a beautiful bride!! :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OH my goodness, you've made your wedding dreams come true. Isn't that amazing?! I can't wait to see wedding day photos!
  • kellch
    Options

What work outs are you doing??? and diet?

TaeBo(4x a week), BL Sculpt(2x a week), Walking (lots of walking every day), and my pushups and crunches every night.
    Just following MFP for the "diet". It's not really a diet. I make better choices, watch my portions, and stick to the calorie guidelines set. :flowerforyou: that is all :happy:
  • kellch
    Options
    CONGRADS! On the wedding and dress! For tonning...weights and more weights! The order in which they should be done is: Chest and Triceps / Back and Biceps / Ab and Oblique Cruches (with and without weights) for mid and sides. Over the past year I trimmed down mucho inches using weights. If you go to a gym use the equipment that caters to those areas. High impac Aerobics is good for getting the weight off.. but for tonning weights or even better check out a booth camp or slow aerobics were you are using your body and strength for fine tunning!!!

Thank you! Great advice! :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    Options

The End.
    th_smalldancingman.gif

YAY!!! Congratulations!!!

Alterations are so expensive... but it definitely takes a lot of the sting out of it when you know that they are busy taking it in!!!

I'm very excited for you! You are going to be a beautiful bride!! :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smooched:

Awwww Thank You :flowerforyou:

Hey, I'm ok with paying for it as long it's to take it in :bigsmile: Not out :wink:

Thanks again...and congrats on your marraige as well :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options
    OH my goodness, you've made your wedding dreams come true. Isn't that amazing?! I can't wait to see wedding day photos!

Thank You! :flowerforyou: Yes very exciting:bigsmile: Needless to say I have been in a very good mood ever since Saturday :laugh: :drinker:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    That's great :drinker: Weddings are so exciting!! I want to see pics too:happy:
  • kellch
    Options
    That's great :drinker: Weddings are so exciting!! I want to see pics too:happy:

2 more months!!! :drinker:

I'm excited, nervous, scared, stressed, confused, excited, happy, nervous, stressed.....did I mention excited, happy, stressed, and nervous? :laugh:

All in a good way though :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats on meeting your goal and your wedding dress fitting and your up coming wedding. You look great. Do you eat your exercise calories? If so how many?
  • MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

The End.
    th_smalldancingman.gif

You really rock. I love reading stories like yours because it gives us beginners hope thank you and bless you and your husband to be with nothing but the best.
  • kellch
    Options
    congrats on meeting your goal and your wedding dress fitting and your up coming wedding. You look great. Do you eat your exercise calories? If so how many?

Thank you :flowerforyou: I still have some toning up to do. But for now, I will just maintain. I don't want to have to have them take it in even more :grumble: :laugh:

I eat most of my exercise calories. Sometimes all. But always ate most of them. As for now, I'm eating to maintain. (until after the wedding):drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!