OMG!

Options
2»

Replies

• GrahamBarwick
    Options
    look back at the before when you have got where you want to be, then you can look back and be proud. looking at negative images can leave you feeling negative thoughts.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When I saw pics of myself from my wedding shower a couple months before hubs & I started counting calories, I was pretty bummed out. All our lovely wedding photos feature us at our heaviest.

Up until then, I could kinda brush off my unhappiness about what I saw in the mirror by saying maybe I was just being too hard on myself, or maybe it's just that I'm not wearing clothes that flatter me, etc.

It was rough but also good motivation! And it paid off when we went on our honeymoon about a year later.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Make sure you take measurements too. Sometimes the scale doesn't reflect ALL of your progress.

Don't delete. You will be so happy you did and you can track your progress.
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You should surround yourself with pictures of pictures of where you want to be. I leave my mine mens helath mag's all over the house and even have stuck front covers on my fridge door. Constant reminders of where you want to be, help you stay positive and focused. You cant change what has gone before but you can change what is to come. :smile:

I have pictures of when I was skinnier in high school plastered all over my fridge and my computer screen. They're starting to blend in, and I hardly notice them anymore...lol. Guess it's time for new ones. I found a picture of a model in the same swimsuit I bought for this summer, so I think I'll print that out and put it on the fridge. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You don't need a "before" pic! Just delete it! I hate the idea of being photographed in a bikini!
    Don't delete! Just hide it and don't look at it until you feel ready to take your after. You will be amazed at yourself.

This! Don't delete it. You'll be happy you have it in a few weeks when you can see the progress. Photos area much better way to gauge progress than the scale.

I had some candid photos I used as before shots, but didn't start really checking my progress through photos until I was already at my halfway point. I wish I had more. It's so motivating!
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It was a picture that started me on this journey as well. Here I am, holding my gorgeous new nephew or playing with him on the floor. I was disgusted. And it definitely hurt.

While I didn't take a full "before" picture, I do look back at those. Now, I wish I had taken one for an even better comparison, honestly. That "tough love" approach is what has caused me to be successful so far.

So hopefully after the initial shock and hurt, it will have the same effect for you :) You CAN do this. Good luck on your journey!
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    You should surround yourself with pictures of pictures of where you want to be. I leave my mine mens helath mag's all over the house and even have stuck front covers on my fridge door. Constant reminders of where you want to be, help you stay positive and focused. You cant change what has gone before but you can change what is to come. :smile:

I have pictures of when I was skinnier in high school plastered all over my fridge and my computer screen. They're starting to blend in, and I hardly notice them anymore...lol. Guess it's time for new ones. I found a picture of a model in the same swimsuit I bought for this summer, so I think I'll print that out and put it on the fridge. :)

well done, i find this really works for me, i don't look at pics of myself, just guys of how i'd like to look.... i find it's the sam e as life really, surround yourself with positive people, positive thoughts, positive images and you will attract positive things not because of any great'secret' but just because been around them things makes you make things happen for yourself :smile:
  • leena7
    Options
    All i can say is that you are not alone :(
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    If I had a time machine I'd go back to when I started and convince myself to take a picture a day all the way through my weight loss journey.

I really regret the lack of 'before' pics, although it has been pointed out to me that I can take 'before' pics anytime since I'm not done yet. :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I have them on my profile. I been told I inspire peeps. Does it make me sad? at times. but then I remember how far I've come and no longer have diabetes. so then I stop being sad and start being awesome instead. true story

stolen from some guy in a suit >.>
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Yes it is depressing but also motivational! soon you will love the way you look!!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Just wait til your at goal and take the after photo. It will be a proud moment, You know how I keep miotivated?? I took a picture of a woman with a similar bone structure (broad shoulders, athletic lower body) with a body that I would like to have and i photoshopped my face on it. I keep it on my blackberry and everytime I feel discouraged or want to pig out on sugar (self-proclaimed sugaraholic) I look at the pic, close my eyes and imagine myself doing something I want to do when I reach my goal weight.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have them on my profile. I been told I inspire peeps. Does it make me sad? at times. but then I remember how far I've come and no longer have diabetes. so then I stop being sad and start being awesome instead. true story

stolen from some guy in a suit >.>
    That is LEGEN - (wait for it and I hope you're not lactose intolerant) - DARY!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I think it's incredibly brave of you to take a before picture. I didn't, and I regret it. I've been avoiding the camera for so many years. Just look forward to when you can post it as a success story!
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Don't let it affect you but instead motivate you to get how you want to and not give up if you ever feel like quitting. It is the best way to remind you why you're changing your life and taking action to make it happen.