Back on track after a bad weekend/day!

Options
So I got a bit off track Friday night, Saturday evening, and Sunday morning (my diary is open) after having 2 months of pretty solid good work. But I got back on track with renewed motivation. I would like to share what help me get refocused.

1. Drank lots of water with fresh squeezed lemon (makes me feel like I am cleansing myself of the yucky cake and ice cream)
2. Went for a brisk walk with hills
3. Focused on something different than food or exercise for a while (work)
4. Had a good workout without trying to double up to make up for lost time (30 min elliptical hiit)
5. Healthy TV! Whenever I get on the elliptical I pull up a health related movie/doc on Netflix. So far Forks Over Knives, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, and the Engine 2 Diet have been helpful, sometimes episodes of Dr. Oz from DVR too, any suggestions?)
6. Fresh veggies! Raw broccoli with yogurt dip (spiced with garlic powder, paprika, dill)
7.Salad for dinner
8. Started planning ahead carefully for a healthy week ahead (by fruit and veggies, plan workouts and meals)

Please share what you do when you feel yourself getting off track.

Replies

• JBaltusis
    Options
    Good idea about focusing on something other than weight/food/exercise lol!

If I feel I've gone a bit off track, I'll eat lots of fruit and veggies and drink a lot of water and try to give it a little extra during my next workout!
  • momonwilson
    Options
    I had a run-in with a burrito saturday. Today, Salad,Salad,Salad...excercise and water. Relapse is part of recovery. :smile:
  • cansmith80
    Options
    Great post! Number 5 is my favorite! That is a great idea to gain motivation!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    So I got a bit off track Friday night, Saturday evening, and Sunday morning (my diary is open) after having 2 months of pretty solid good work. But I got back on track with renewed motivation. I would like to share what help me get refocused.

1. Drank lots of water with fresh squeezed lemon (makes me feel like I am cleansing myself of the yucky cake and ice cream)
    2. Went for a brisk walk with hills
    3. Focused on something different than food or exercise for a while (work)
    4. Had a good workout without trying to double up to make up for lost time (30 min elliptical hiit)
    5. Healthy TV! Whenever I get on the elliptical I pull up a health related movie/doc on Netflix. So far Forks Over Knives, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, and the Engine 2 Diet have been helpful, sometimes episodes of Dr. Oz from DVR too, any suggestions?)
    6. Fresh veggies! Raw broccoli with yogurt dip (spiced with garlic powder, paprika, dill)
    7.Salad for dinner
    8. Started planning ahead carefully for a healthy week ahead (by fruit and veggies, plan workouts and meals)

Please share what you do when you feel yourself getting off track.

I love #6!

I find after eating some plain yogurt mixed with some yummy fruit and chia makes me feel good and makes me wonder why I ate the bad stuff in the first place. Thanks for the reminder!

I was taken out for valentines and ate like 3000 calories worth of italian food. I found I've been having huge cravings for cheeses and potato chips since (which is weird, because I was never a fan of either).
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get off track, I:

1# Up my cardio as much as I can. Normally I run 5k's, so I up it to 6k's for that extra boost
    2# Stick to Snapper and Garden salad for lunch three times the next week. Any fish and salads are low in calories, high in protein and so good for you.
    3# (THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE) Don't beat myself over it. I'll slip up, it's to be expected. So long as I always put the effort back in, I'll be on top.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!